LegacyGT.com

Torque for 5MT fiber drain plug washer/gasket

baj

I have a new transmission drain plug washer/gasket for my 2006/2007 5MT. The part number is 803926090. There is metal in it, silver colored, so I think it might be aluminum but there is a black non-metalic layer on both sides. The dealership I got it from said that it was a new fiber washer that had recently superseded the old part.

The 2007 service manual says to torque the drain plug to 32.5 ft-lbs if using an aluminum gasket, and to 51.6 ft-lbs with a copper gasket. Does anybody know what the torque should be with this newfangled gasket?

As hard as you can?My drain plug feels tighter than my lugnuts (85ft-lbs). Anyways I was using the same braker bar I use on my lugs and couldn't brake my trans plug loose.I wouldn't recommend this but I also have a new drain plug and non-metal washer and would be interested in knowing the torque for whenever I do get the old one out.

Only tight enough so it doesn't leak. I won't put it in there to tight. You know how hard they can be to remove. You can alway's make it a bit tighter if it leaks a little.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived