LegacyGT.com

Where to mount exhaust cutout.

05 lgt

What is the best location to get it welded on?

Also can it be welded on the DP while the DP being on the car

if NOT whats the best location on the DP that it should get welded on?

Or should it be welded on after the DP?

Thanks-

Aftermarket DP Catless btw..

I would get under you car and see where it would fit the best, and be easiest to install. If your not doing it yourself, your going to want the most economical place for the shop to do it.

Any where past the turbo outlet is best for the turbo. I would think you'd want it down by where the dp turns towards the back of the car.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

i gotta check under the car again closely of a place i can see for it...

If i decide to get it welded after the DP but before the huge resonator or silencer it can be done on the car if i am correct?

Only thing is i heard that the cutout cannot be welded on the DP if the DP is on the car which kind of confused me on my previous car they were able to weld on the pipe w/o taking it off but then again this a whole diff car,.

Taking the downpipe off is pretty easy. Its maybe 45 mins of work your first time

I'm not sure of the length of the cutout section, but I'd like to get one fabricated and put in my midpipe. They'd just have to cut out and move the resonator back.

What cutout are you going with?

i think i migth go with qtp or raceland.

oh i checked under the car huge ass res lolz

but there is some room under there maybe they can fit the cutout right before the res..... it will right middle of the car still before the res and mufflers so thats good

you want it as far away from the engine(heat) as you can get it

^^^^^ This. :) Shooting flames (:lol:) through the cut out may melt some plastic or possibly ignite the undercoat. Just a theory. I'd delete the resonator and put it there.

Yep its all noise. You might see a little power gain if running the stock catback

^ Based on dyno-runs from team23jordan, that's about right:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/pdxtuning-tuned-my-car-33493.html?t=33493&highlight=cut

^ Note that he's running a catless 3".

So, if you can put it before any remaining cats and/or before the narrow stock cat-back piping, then yes, you may see some improvement.

But otherwise?

It's more about the aural guilty-pleasure than anything else. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ Based on dyno-runs from team23jordan, that's about right:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/pdxtuning-tuned-my-car-33493.html?t=33493&highlight=cut

^ Note that he's running a catless 3".

So, if you can put it before any remaining cats and/or before the narrow stock cat-back piping, then yes, you may see some improvement.

But otherwise?

It's more about the aural guilty-pleasure than anything else. :)

hmm only that low?? but he has catback right? if im not wrong thats what i read.

So wont the cutout make difference on stock piping lol

That resonoter looks real restrictive along with stock mufflers

I would get under you car and see where it would fit the best, and be easiest to install. If your not doing it yourself, your going to want the most economical place for the shop to do it.

Any where past the turbo outlet is best for the turbo. I would think you'd want it down by where the dp turns towards the back of the car.

You want to do it pre turbo...

.... for maximum noise generation.

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

The gains will still be minimal. Expect the gains to be around 10whp. That's hardly enough power to actually be felt.

You'd see a lot more gains if you went stg2 + the cutout.

ah yeah true as long its like 10whp its okay lol cause the graph showed no whp gain and like 1 wtq gain lmao....

we G0n Fin you run an tell that!

Archived