LegacyGT.com

95 Legacy L parts on a 90 Legacy L?

• I Donated
I think you're out of luck on this one. I know for a fact that the a/c compressors are different.... similar but different (confirmed this with part numbers on autozone.com). As far as anything else, I wouldn't think it would be compatible.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

In 1995 when Subaru put dual frontal air bags in the Legacy the automatic seat belts were removed. Thus, the 1995 Legacy shouldn't even have automatic seat belts.

When you say "Air pump" there are several possibilities. If you're talking about the pump for the optional air ride suspension on the 1990 Legacy, you're out of luck. The second gen Legacy didn't have air ride suspension, thus it didn't have an air pump.

If you're talking about the AC compressor you might be in luck. There were several different styles of compressors for the EJ22. They should all be interchangeable though. If the price is right and you can be 100% sure that this used AC compressor actually works, it could be worth a try. The only problem is the rest of the system is made to use R12 refrigerant and the AC compressor from 1995 is made to use R134a refrigerant. I'm not sure if you'll have to do any retrofitting to make the system work properly. As far as the compressor fitting in the car, and bolting up you should be all good.

Archived