LegacyGT.com

6spd front shift brushing??

i was about to install my KB front and rear shift brushing following the instructions on this forum but then the diy pics are for 5spd. so i got confused cuz it looks different. is this the front shift brushing part i just want to make sure before i swap it out. is there a 6spd instructions?

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/7408/0829001315.th.jpg

Yes that should be the front brace. Looks the same as the one I just replaced on my son 01 Integra. They are all pretty much the same. Pull that bolt out, pry out the old bushing, put a little liquid dish soap on the new bushing and push it in .

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Search for front bushing install for a STi, since it is basically the same as our 6MT. I remember when I attempted to to the install myself and got to the point of trying to get the shifter linkage bolt out, but it wouldn't come out unless I dropped the trans a few inches. I said screw it and had it installed when my new clutch went in, since it would already be apart.

Here's install instructions from Perrin: http://www.perrinperformance.com/shared/PERRIN/documents/instructions/subaru/pspinr010.pdf

Dropping the tranny is easy. I tried to do it at first without dropping the tranny, and couldn't get the bolt out.

Then when I spent 15 mins to lower the tranny a bit with my jack, the rest of the install was a piece of cake. Should take no more than an hour.

it's not even really dropping the tranny. Unbolting the support brace and lowering it an inch takes like 5-10 mins.

i dont even know where the lowering brace is:redface: can i see it when i go under the car? do i really need a jack to hold it or will it hold on, on its own?

Archived