LegacyGT.com

Does anything go on in Enfield, CT?

Magic Marker

I have lived in Somers, next town east, most of my life, I'm 55y/o.

Your coming to nice area. Weather is fairly stable, tho this year it is very dry. Lot's of things are close so getting anything you need it easy. Good hotels and lot's of shopping. Like a lot of us, you may find it's hard to leave this area.

For cheap gas, go up to MA and save 25 cents a gallon. Like someone said East Coast Swappers is over here by the Airport. I work right across from the Bradley. I also know a good Tuner that is in W.Springfield MA.

I could go on and on but you'll learn...

For car repairs, Colonial Tire & Brake in Somersville. Rich has been working on the familys cars for over 25 years.

Machine Shop, Eastwoods Auto Machine in Somersville, they have built high HP Honda's for us and do lots of Dealers repair work. A great family business.

Transmissions, Best Transmissions in Springfield MA. Shawn knows his stuff, also has some fast cars.

Lots of auto parts stores in town, like I said there isn't anything you can get done right here.

check out http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstationsbeta.aspx?station=524844&lat=42.08377&long=-72.5444&zip=06071&ico=307&l=1

for gas prices.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

motel 6 and hampton inn are right across the street from each other (rt. 190, i believe). hampton inn was just constructed and i believed they finished last year or so.

while you're in town, you should check out the big E carnival (http://www.thebige.com/fair/index.asp). i believe it's new england's largest carnival/fair. you'll find all sorts of vendors there and it's just good, plain, old fashioned fun :)

motel 6 and hampton inn are right across the street from each other (rt. 190, i believe). hampton inn was just constructed and i believed they finished last year or so.

while you're in town, you should check out the big E carnival (http://www.thebige.com/fair/index.asp). i believe it's new england's largest carnival/fair. you'll find all sorts of vendors there and it's just good, plain, old fashioned fun :)

I def agree 100% check out the big E if you guys have time it's prob 15-20 min from your hotel up I91. If you go make sure you get cream puffs and white hut cheese burgers mmmmmmmmmm

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

fried ice cream! YUM!

There is also a 4 county fair going on a town over from enfield. From what i hear its pretty good..

I was there tonight def not worth it and your car will get filled with dust. It was $7 per person to get in also WFT it's enfield, lol.

Don't bother just go to the big e

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Hey, get it right, it's the Four Town Fair in Somers CT. Years ago it used to rotate in the 4 different towns. Somers, Ellington, East Windsor, and Thomsonville. Thomsonville became known as Enfield in the late 60's. When I first remember going to the Four Town Fair when I was about 6y/o it was in the field behind the new Walgreens on Elm st. between Elm and Shaker Rd.

Yes the Big E is a much bigger event, do a web search for the Big E.

The four town fair is a much more local fair that I think is the oldest continually running fair in the country.

Another bit of history, where Macy's is now used to be T 'ville lanes a bowling alley with 32 lanes. I used to go there Friday nights in the winter with my Dad when he was a Fireman in the Somers Fire Dept.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Not sure if we're gonna have time. We're just coming up for an interview and then shooting back home.

Thanks for the idea though. Sounds like a lot of fun.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

Ok,

So we visited Enfield and it was a very "farmy" type area. Really quiet and removed from any city sounds. Since there were no apartment complexes that took dogs in Enfield, I ended up visiting and touring a lot in the surrounding towns. I liked Cornfield townhouses in Ellington.

Anyone have any thoughts, comments of living in Ellington and specifically in Cornfield Townhouses?

I even drove down to Manchester, but that was too far from Enfield. By the way, I didn't see any good car washes at all in any of the areas I drove around in.

Ellington is a nice town. Close to Enfield and Manchester for shopping but far enough away from the highway's so you don't hear the noise. Yet close enough to the highway's that it easy to travel when you want to get away for a weekend trip. Vernon the next town south has lots of shopping and places to eat and I84 goes through it. Vernon has a car wash on rt83. I could go on and on but you'll find everything you need with in a few miles of where you'll live.

That's a good choice. I will tell you the only bad thing about Ellington is it's a cow town and has the farm smell in some area's.

Ellington is a nice town. Close to Enfield and Manchester for shopping but far enough away from the highway's so you don't hear the noise. Yet close enough to the highway's that it easy to travel when you want to get away for a weekend trip. Vernon the next town south has lots of shopping and places to eat and I84 goes through it. Vernon has a car wash on rt83. I could go on and on but you'll find everything you need with in a few miles of where you'll live.

That's a good choice. I will tell you the only bad thing about Ellington is it's a cow town and has the farm smell in some area's.

He is correct with the cow and the smell part as I live in Ellington now next to a farm. Give Carrolton Properties a call and ask for Lori tell her Jason Simko sent you and say your moving from NJ and ask if she has or could reccomend any apartments that take pets. Her # is 860-872-1000 they have a place in Enfield, Vernon and a few in Ellington. Not sure if any accept pets but if they dont she could point you in the right direction.

Ellington overall is a nice small town very cow like. If you move to Vernon by some chance please stay away from the Rockville section as that is a crap place to live. When I first moved to this part of the state I lived in Rockville for free and trust me when I left I was glad to pay rent somewhere else just a few miles away. Vernon does have it decent parts though its just that Rockville section near the hospital that is crap.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Well, the area I was in I didn't see any cows. Just lots of land for crops. So I guess that is a good thing. Rent seemed affordable, but that is coming from NJ money. It seems like some things cost less in CT, but gas is more expensive then in NJ.

There is a Station at the 5 corners that is fairly cheap for the area. It's at the south end of Jobs Hill rd / Pinney St, I also think on the corner of rt83 in Rockville there a small store that has cheaper gas too.

Here's site I use as a reference. http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasStationsBeta.aspx

Well, the area I was in I didn't see any cows. Just lots of land for crops. So I guess that is a good thing. Rent seemed affordable, but that is coming from NJ money. It seems like some things cost less in CT, but gas is more expensive then in NJ.

They also let you pump your own gas in CT :)

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

There is a Station at the 5 corners that is fairly cheap for the area. It's at the south end of Jobs Hill rd / Pinney St, I also think on the corner of rt83 in Rockville there a small store that has cheaper gas too.

Here's site I use as a reference. http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasStationsBeta.aspx

I personally would never go to cumberland farms to get gas as I hear from a friend who worked there many years ago they used to water down their gas. I have tried their gas and I noticed I burn through it alot quicker then a different station.

I get has on Rt83 at Dania Mart (across from Agway)they seem to be cheap and I get anywhere from 310 to 340 miles per tank depending on how i drive.

and Yes in Ct we pump our own gas we dont have one of those NJ gas pumpers unions lol

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like we're heading back to Enfield for a 2nd interview. Looks like we're getting closer and closer to making a move. Now the money needs to be right!

Sounds good man just keep us posted and call me a week or so before you move to CT so we can get everything squared away on the insurance front.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Ellington is nice, but slightly out of the way, no quick access to highways. If you look at places in Enfield stay east of route 5, You don't want to live west of route 5 in the Thompsonville area of Enfield. Lots of section 8 and crack/meth/heroin heads. The rest of Enfield is relatively nice however.

Ellington is nice, but slightly out of the way, no quick access to highways. If you look at places in Enfield stay east of route 5, You don't want to live west of route 5 in the Thompsonville area of Enfield. Lots of section 8 and crack/meth/heroin heads. The rest of Enfield is relatively nice however.

Have you guys heard anything about Cornfield Apartments??

Cornfield Apartments

60 Pinney St # 7, Ellington, CT 06029

Have you guys heard anything about Cornfield Apartments??

Cornfield Apartments

60 Pinney St # 7, Ellington, CT 06029

I did a quote google search and saw they were the yellow ones and Yes they are nice. You need to be careful on Pinney St though they have a few places that are shitty. My girl said these ones are nice and shes lived in Ellington her entire life. I would def check them out.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I lived in Meriden for years, made some trips through Hartford and such and the Subaru dealership in Hartford was good! Very professional and yet laid back, definatly worked with me, gave me all the info and answered all my questions quickly. very knowledgable. I did think the one in Wallingford, CT though was more worht while. Better deals to talk down.

Archived