LegacyGT.com

Hi guys just checking back in with N/A crowed. I originally had an 05 2.5i and then traded that in to get a 05 LGT that I ended up going stage 2.5. I wanted to go faster at the time. Now I'm getting older with a kid and went back to an 08 3.0R.

I really like the 3.0R. It is in between the power of the 2.5i and LGT. So it still keeps a speed freak like me relatively happy. It is far more luxurious than either of the other 2 cars. My wife doesn't complain about having to drive it when I need to pull the kart trailer. She always complained about the ACT heavy duty clutch and my squeaky brakes. I had HP+'s on for the track.

Anybody else go from a LGT to a 3.0R. I know it is usually the other way around.

Yeah that's kinda how I feel. I'm getting a little older to be messing with modded cars. At least the car already comes with the Bilsteins. So it handles pretty good. The only thing I want to do with the car is put some Hawk pads on it and it looks like it has the same pads at the LGT.

Well I do not have kids and I am not married yet, but will be in a month. But she misses the STI too. :). I dont care how old I get or kids I will have an STI even if it is stock , but it will never be, just TBE, intake, tune, and springs and I will be happy. I could care less about 400 HP. I like to ride in comfort ya know. Driving with a boxer rumble for 2 plus hours to family will drive you crazy after a while.

I ALMOST got a 3.0R Outback instead of the XT. The MT was the deciding factor. I have a ~100 mile round-trip commute. Even though it's in traffic, I MUCH prefer driving a manual transmission. I'd go crazy if I drove for that long every day in an Automatic.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Yeah I really wanted another manual trans, but the 3.0r has the paddle shifters on the steering column. So it isn't so bad. Kinda a good compromise for the wife and family.

Just wait till you start having kids, you'll probably change your mind on the STI. Unless it is your 2nd fun car.

I really wanted an STI, but only wanted and 08 or newer and they are too expensive. But the 3.0r has a big trunk which is nice.

I think my dad is going to give me his 78 Trans Am here in a few years after he retires and restores a few minor things. So I figure I'll have a fast car in a few years again.

Naw I will not change mind, I have 2 daily drivers and the leggy right now. So it will not ever be my so called KID CAR. The legacy will be that. I drove my sti like 4 times a month when I had it. I figure in about a year and a half I get one and be done.

If the 09 body style Outbacks got the 3.6R, I would have probably gotten that over an XT. But if I had to put premium fuel in it, I might as well get the more fun-to-drive model.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived