LegacyGT.com

Cell phone law in MD

LegacyGTBiggie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OH GOD...DON'T DO THE MURDERED OUT THING. So overplayed and is just a cop out on general styling.

Josh....you really need to just start a thread about this and link everyone to it. It shows up in many of the threads.

-------------

On Topic:

I actually didn't see any drivers using the cell today while in VA or MD. I was rather surprised. I wasn't exactly looking the entire time, but when on the beltway going home, the traffic was slow (and when I figured the chances would be highest). I'm not sure if this is atypical or if that will be more and more common. I'm sure there will always be violators. I almost forgot and started to do a text msg. (only while stopped at a traffic light) before I remembered it wasn't allowed.

Actually, I can say I saw a good 4 or 5 people this weekend using a hand-held cell phone while driving. A blond chick was flapping her gums on the phone, almost slammed into me on Sunday, coming out of Rockville Town Center.

Another 2 I saw in Virginia with DC plates (though I can't say I expect anything more from a DC resident).

Another moron was holding his steering wheel on one hand, and texting with another. This was on 495, in traffic.

I think if this law was a primary offense, it would have had more people thinking twice before being D-bags.

Most people DONT KNOW its not a primary offence #1...

#2 cops can find a billion different ways to get that ticket to you if they want.

This is just another useless law that will never be enforcable enough to make a impact. SO SORRY

from what Ive heard a lot of cops will just give you the ticket as your ONLY offense. How many people are gonna take a day off work to fight a $40 ticket???

• I Donated
I have teh blueteeth in my LGT... too bad the LGT is teh broken! The Infiniti has speakers (not good ones, but they make sound) and a crappy Alpine headunit from 4 years ago. No chance of blueteeth in that thing. Hell, I'm lucky I have a clock! :lol:

• I Donated
Sell your car for PARTS... buy my LGT. it runs perfectly.

I paid $9750 for my LGT. New longblock from IAG was $2000, and I'll probably get $300-700 back when I sell my old one back to them. I need to replace the VF40, but I'm going to use that as an excuse to upgrade to a BNR HTA68. ;) Labor is free because I'm doing it myself. Selling my LGT for parts, I might net $7000 if I'm lucky? And your LGT is like $18k. Sorry, as much as I'd love to, the math doesn't add up.

• I Donated
16k... and semi negotiable. I realized at 18 it would NEVER sell but im not going too low. eventually ill just keep her and continue on to stage3...

Still, selling my current LGT with a blown engine and buying yours is $6000 more than swapping in a new engine.

• I Donated
Mine is better than yours... So I win

Meh. FYI, I prefer to keep the stock look (although I do like ABP better than RBP). Also, I hate loud exhausts and my turbo is going to be better and my stereo is moar awesome and and and and and :lol:

• I Donated
Fulton, just offer him $10K for the car. :lol:

Hey Josh, I'll give you $10k for the car... :p

EDIT: And f you get an 09+ CTS-V, when you're ready to sell that, I'll give you $10k for that too. The 2nd gen CTS-V is pretty much my dream car at this point.

• I Donated
same here. 72k new. 49-59 used(one year old)... Maybe in a few years I can get one.

The 1st gen fixed CTS-Vs are sexy and so modable.

Styling is okay but not as good as the 2nd gen, interior/amenities are crap, wheel hop, and seriously, I'd rather go whole hog than settle for less if I'm going to be spending that much. As you say, why even bother modding the 2nd gen? It's pretty much set just the way it is.

Archived