LegacyGT.com

brake pads and rotors upgrade

Akebono. Don't get suckered by others bogus marketing. Ake invented the ceramic pad. Good pedal feel, silent, low dust, longevity and are rotor friendly. A lot of R&D went into them. As for rotors, avoid slotted and/or drilled. Normal will be fine.
RIP 96 Legacy 2.2 4EAT lost reverse @ 374,000 miles

hawk ceramic are very good, I've got a set on my other car (audi), and I've been very pleased with them. as far as rotors, SOLID NAPA ONES. They're the thickest, cheapest rotor that you can get. I pulled my old set off my legacy and threw on the napa ones, and it was like night and day. I wish I had a picture of the old vs new thickness; it was really shocking.

+1 to the Hawk HPS pads, had them on an Integra paired with Brembo blanks (BIG +1 to avoiding cross drilled and slotted) and the car could do 100-0 three or four times in a row with little to no fade.

Hands down the best braking setup I've had on a car.

so using these cheap rotors what does it take to warp them ? 100 to 50mph braking? like 3 times?

Are you referring to the Centric rotors? They aren't cheap. I got them because they come painted black so they don't rust and turn ugly-orange. I've had them for months and they are still fine.

Archived