LegacyGT.com

aftermarket alarm..

Crimegaurd from crutchfield.com I've had five of them. There cheap and excellent quality. The best one is 200.00. It has a two way remote, shock sensor, motion sensor, and a glass break mic. Lifetime warranty too. Car jack features too. There made by omega research. I'm pretty sure they make viper too. If you go to the omega web site you'll see that they make a whole bunch of deferent brands. I never had a problem with any of them. I have two in my drive way right now. One is 5 yrs old. The other is 2 yrs old.

DEI brands are great, Avatel, Viper, Auto valet. I usually rock either an Avatel 3300 or viper ESP 550 or 600. Love the remote start and the HUGE upgrades you can do on them. My current system has remote start, keyless, windows, backup battery. Crimestoppers are cheap, but with an alarm you get what you pay for.

Now, for the interesting part..... all but one of my alarms *my original one* I have found by running through junk yards. I worked at a dealer and the used car guys threw tons of remotes in a bucket so I grabbed a hand full of remotes. worked out quite well. you may be able to get a complete alarm for the cost of a new transmitter.

Archived