LegacyGT.com

Question for those qith kartboy endlinks

Skyguardian

I installed my zero/sports front and rear sway bars yesterday along with the kartboy F / R endlinks and avo stout mounts.

Kartboy provides and aluminium spacer for the front endlinks so they can be totally vertical and not with a slight angle. But when I put the spacers on ( on the lower bolt ) , the endlinks are vertical but very close to the swaybar and I'm affraid that the sway will not clear the screw/bolt under load.

So I decided to install the endlinks without this spacer. You can see that it puts more stress on the bushings but theres plenty of clearance for the bar.

The question is : did you guys installed this spacer or not ? If not, your bushings on the endlinks are holding up well without breaking ?

Thanks !

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/sentragxe2001/rsz_img_0588.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
We just installed the same endlinks on a 25mm perrin RSB, and needed teh spacer. The spacer was needed on the swaybar connection i believe so that the other side of the endlink can reach the chasis mount.

Thanks for the input !!

I didn't had to put them on on my setup to make the connection but my endlinks were not totally straight when the car was under load ( yeah I did put a load on the suspension with jacks when I installed them ).

So I ended up using these big spacers on the lower bolt of the endlinks and a few 3/8 '' washers ( 2 or 3 I believe ) on the upper bolt and it helped a lot. Still a smalllll angle but its way better than it was.

Ok, mine went on very smoothly. I have the Perrin 25mm sb, and the spacers went in the same spot, in between the el and the control arm. If u put it on the softer setting i believe the spacer goes on the top, in between the sb and el. Great upgrade.

D :-$

And yes , it's alot easier 2 line them up under load. I had mine on ramps.

Archived