LegacyGT.com

Drag Racing at RMR....who's in?

keithk831

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me know what you run! Stock Legacys usually run mid 15s at this elevation.

Well I, sir, am not stock :cool:

But yeah ill be sure to post up a timeslip. I'm hoping to get my boss to run against me...he has a stock 2004 Mercedes E500.

If you get a decent launch, around 1.8 sec to 60', or less, you should easily get into the 13's with your 60-80mph time in the very low 3 second range. Have some faith Keith! Athough the 06 wrx with the vf39 turbo I tuned will rape both of our cars. That's the downside of tuning, driving cars faster than your own...

If you get a decent launch, around 1.8 sec to 60', or less, you should easily get into the 13's with your 60-80mph time in the very low 3 second range. Have some faith Keith! Athough the 06 wrx with the vf39 turbo I tuned will rape both of our cars. That's the downside of tuning, driving cars faster than your own...

Yeah, I'm thinking if I slip the clutch at about 5000 ill get a good time, although that's hard on the drivetrain.

my best run would have been around 14.7-14.8, but I missed 4th twice and ended up with 15.6 at 66 mph...my 1/8 speed was faster. my 1000ft time was 12.53 and right then is when I screwed up. It seemed like a lot of people were saying it was a slow night, but my last run, against S402, was especially bad. too much heat soak by that point and my car had had enough. my best 60' time was 2.032. Also bear in mind, this was my frist time ever at the track. Keith, your car is making a good amount of extra power, compared to my car. Because of just the gutted dp and sti up, my top end really suffers and am maxed out on my boost, as far as being effeciant. If you launch well, under 2 to 60', you may break into the 13's, if you get a better top mount, it would really help.

It also didn't help I went as a "spur of the moment" activity. I have about 200lbs of tools and crap in my trunk...oh well.

my best run would have been around 14.7-14.8, but I missed 4th twice and ended up with 15.6 at 66 mph...my 1/8 speed was faster. my 1000ft time was 12.53 and right then is when I screwed up. It seemed like a lot of people were saying it was a slow night, but my last run, against S402, was especially bad. too much heat soak by that point and my car had had enough. my best 60' time was 2.032. Also bear in mind, this was my frist time ever at the track. Keith, your car is making a good amount of extra power, compared to my car. Because of just the gutted dp and sti up, my top end really suffers and am maxed out on my boost, as far as being effeciant. If you launch well, under 2 to 60', you may break into the 13's, if you get a better top mount, it would really help.

It also didn't help I went as a "spur of the moment" activity. I have about 200lbs of tools and crap in my trunk...oh well.

I have a good amount of track experience...just not in this car. Unfortunately I don't think I can afford an aftermarket TMIC, so i'll probably just have to stick with what i've got.

Your top end is much better than my car, because of my exhaust restrictions, so you should run a pretty decent time. Plus, if I can get a 2 sec 60' (which I know isn't great, but fairly decent for a first timer) you should be in the 1.8's, with a good launch, without too much trouble. Just remember to not have a trunk full of crap when you go...

If you're running gutted stock tbe, you're still limited at 2.5" piping... Going 3" will help a ton. After Logan tunes your car for that, you may blow your intercooler up and be forced to upgrade! :lol: I blew mine up after a short time of being Stage 2.

I've been racing my Legacy at the track for 4 years, and have used several maps from TDC, Cobb, and PDX. I usually track after each part I install to see how it effects my run. Same with the wife's car for the past 2 years.

Test and Tune is a great way to learn your car cause you can get as many runs in as you like... But we did get held up for a bit last time due to deer on the track. :lol:

If you're running gutted stock tbe, you're still limited at 2.5" piping... Going 3" will help a ton. After Logan tunes your car for that, you may blow your intercooler up and be forced to upgrade! :lol: I blew mine up after a short time of being Stage 2.

I've been racing my Legacy at the track for 4 years, and have used several maps from TDC, Cobb, and PDX. I usually track after each part I install to see how it effects my run. Same with the wife's car for the past 2 years.

Test and Tune is a great way to learn your car cause you can get as many runs in as you like... But we did get held up for a bit last time due to deer on the track. :lol:

I have a 3" catted CNT downpipe, STi uppipe, and stock catback (at the meet I just had the gutted shorty). I'm thinking I may just stay on the lookout for another stock TMIC, then take my time cleaning it up and JB Welding it so it looks great. But we'll see.

Archived