LegacyGT.com

Ok im confused.

Got my new water pump in, got everything all reconnected, new thermostat.

Started the engine after adding Subaru coolant to the proper levels. Loosened bleeder screw(on top passenger side of radiator), and let steam escape until liquid squirted out.

Problem is, my temp guage is reading really high, and no hot air is blowing from the vents inside when set to blow hot. Anyone able to help me out?:confused:

if he isnt getting any heat out the heater in cab, there is no coolant running through the heater core and would have no bearing on the temp gauge. there is definately a large air bubble that is keeping the coolant from going through the system.

I cant find it either. Here is the same procedure though.

http://www.sl-i.net/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6463&hilit=filling+coolant

If you can put the front of the car higher than the back. Fill the radiator till its full, then open the bleeder screw on the opposite side of the radiator and continue filling a little bit at a time. This will take a while but will cause little or no air bubbles, I just did it haha. Make sure you have something else to do while this is going on because it can take an hour or so. If you still have air bubbles after this then follow the link I posted about half way down are the instructions.

Did you have overheating problems before you put the new water pump and thermostat in? If so you may have blown headgaskets.

The T-stat has to be OEM, and change to a new radiator cap also since it's cheap.

If you can get a pair of ramp and drive your front wheels up there, then the front is higher and easier to get the bubble out. Keep topping off the coolant with the radiator cap off.

When you fill it up, go very very very slowly with the coolant with the engine off and the bleeder cap off. Everything has got to be cool with nothing running. when you fill slowly through the radiator cap, it will push all of the air out through the bleeder cap until you fill it fully. If you take your time, everything will be all set. Don't worry, we've all done it. I had to redo mine twice because I had a lack of patience the first few times :spin:

I also see theres something like a drain petcock on the bottom passenger side of my rad. but when i try to use it to drain it only drips out..could this mean there might be something clogging it? Probably gonna flush the rad when i drain it.

yeah that should flow out very steadily until everything's all out. Did you pop the radiator and reverse-flush it with a garden hose? Flush as much as you can from the system before going onward.

Im gonna do a flush of the system as much as possible when my two parts get here for the small leak. Its actually the rubber hose coming out of the goose neck going to the Steel line for the engine coolant drain, And the steele line is rotting..so im replacing them.

Ok the scooby lives on.

Fully drained the system today, refilled(didnt get a chance to flush :( ) all the coolant the proper way. The car is throwing LOADS of hot air into the cabin, and alot quicker then it did before. Temp gauge on the dash is reading just below mid which is nice.

Didnt get the steel tube from the engine coolant drain off, looks like i have to take alot off to get at it, and not something i want to do right now.

For now i put a piece of heater hose over the part with a whole, and clamped it top and bottom.

Archived