LegacyGT.com

exhaust questions

ok, after hours of searching, I cant seem to get a straight idea of what exactly works with my car. I have a 98 Legacy outback with the 2.5l motor. From what I can gather, Legacy GT stuff is pretty much what I am looking for??

This car has 184k miles on it and its running the original exhaust system. Looking around for info on what headers will work with my car. this thing is getting pretty rusty and want something cheap until I get my swap together.

Will the Ebay unequal headers work on my car? Thinking of just doing a wrx stock rear with extended midpipe with one of those cheap headers for the time being.

anyone have any links on what fits?

thanks,

and yes... I searched for HOURS.

Yup the headers will work. I got mine from eBay for 140.00 with shipping. They are for a 2.5RS impreza. You'll have to pry on it here and there to get the bolts to line up. It's not bad though. Just give yourself extra time when you install it. Get some header wrap too. It runs pretty close to the oil filter and pan. You'll want to keep that extra heat away. You'll also enjoy the boxer burble you get from the unequal header! I also have a wrx cat back. I love it! Sounds awesome!!

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/thrty5thsc/c85c84f1.jpg

This cost me about 310.00!!! Dirt cheap!! New stock converters, that's another story!!

if it is a dual port then the borla or borla replica for the 2.5 will work. if it is single port you might be SOL unless you find a custom job.

Basically SOL. I have tried many different shops and no one will make single port headers. Really pisses me off. I thought Rallitek or PDXtuning would be able to. Nope they are too hardcore for us 2.2 legacy drivers.

Sorry I want to rant so hard at this. Like how much freakin' harder is it to make SINGLE PORT??

Basically SOL. I have tried many different shops and no one will make single port headers. Really pisses me off. I thought Rallitek or PDXtuning would be able to. Nope they are too hardcore for us 2.2 legacy drivers.

Sorry I want to rant so hard at this. Like how much freakin' harder is it to make SINGLE PORT??

I'm pretty sure we're too hardcore for them. Just saying.

I'll take a look around for some single-porters today, just to see what I can scavenge up. It'd be very nice...

you guys could cave in and buy the $300 MS3 single port headers

If I had dual port I could get a full exhaust for that. I still don't understand why single port would be more expensive. I would think it would be less work.

thanks for the info and the pics. My last ride was an 02 WRX, loved how she sounded, but she also had 10k into motor/drivetrain yadda yadda. The exhaust on the legacy is pretty beat, and since I am moving to Ohio, I would like to get something cheap that would last a year until I can find a good deal on a totaled rex or sti for a complete swap.

Those cheap units look to be the ticket. found a rex axleback for 20 bucks with only 3k miles on it, may just have to buy a cheap resonator online and have the exhaust shop fab up a midpipe.

As for you single port guys, how different are the heads? mounting locations the same? I cant see that it should be too much of a pita to get some mount plates plasma cut or waterjetted and weld them onto a dual port header?

Archived