LegacyGT.com

Engine Cover On or Off?

im actualy going to try something ....drive w/o cover and drive w cover same day and 3 hour cooldown in between same distance same type of driving [mix heavy/slow]

and check back real quick coming to a stop of my trip with my heat gun to see temps of the intercooler

to me it seems like having the engine cover can be beneficial for the intercooler since it icolates its from the engine along with the hood scoop being air tight [not rlly but you get the point

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im actualy going to try something ....drive w/o cover and drive w cover same day and 3 hour cooldown in between same distance same type of driving [mix heavy/slow]

and check back real quick coming to a stop of my trip with my heat gun to see temps of the intercooler

to me it seems like having the engine cover can be beneficial for the intercooler since it icolates its from the engine along with the hood scoop being air tight [not rlly but you get the point

Might I suggest driving your normal route for a day and taking temperatures at different stops.

THEN the next day take cover off and do the same.

Seems to me a 3 hr cooldown may not give you conclusive data, also this time of year 3 hours can make huge difference in temp/sun exposure.

just my thoughts, trying to think like Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage here.... Or drop Mythbusters a line and offer to use your car as a test subject :lol:

Archived