LegacyGT.com

Rear swaybar opinions

Hey guys, I'm looking to pick up a rear sway bar for my gt, and have been leaning towards rallitek's bar. http://www.rallitek.com/RalliTEK-Rear-Anti-Sway-Bar-Kit-LegacyOutback-1996-1999/p-4370 Cheap enough for my budget, and includes the endlinks and poly bushings. Any opinions/what are people running? And what do I need to do the job so everything's replaced?

Its a WRX one, you will have to cut the bump thingy off under your tire well to get it to fit. But after you get it on there with some endlinks (im running whiteline adjustable endlinks) your car will liven up like crazy!!!

It was the first mod I did and loved it ever since! From that day on I did nothing but suspension upgrades and its just as fun as having a more power.

haha so it sounds like a good deal then :) how has whiteline worked for you, and is it a major improvement over stock or what?

well my car used to feel like the back end was going to roll over independently from the front. now it feels awesome. i did the rallitek 22mm up front and the whiteline endlinks all around. it was an awesome upgrade, now that the springs and struts are done it's even better. more NVH but acceptable.

are you sure? i didnt see one when i put on my 22mm rallitek bar

yep.

http://a.imageshack.us/img704/5323/34866458483401507563736.jpg

cut off the lump and hammered in the spare tyre well a bit for clearance

subarus have a habit of having understeer nad becoming tail happy, well at least our cars and wrx's thats why you will see when some people mod thier suspension they will start with the rear sway bar and usually not touch the front.

The trick is that by stock we have a larger fsb which in terms prevents understeer but oversteer occurs, if you go with a bigger rsb your preventing that oversteer, whille causing a little understeer.

Its a balance of power thing that you have to feel to believe, I had fsb on for a quick second and I could feel a slight difference in how the car reacted around corners, my front grip was excellent but the back started to move. Took it off, and back to no rear end movement and a little bit of understeer (but hey thats how i like it)

^^ oversteer happened with a fsb? And more grip at the front?

I need to get a new rsb with the poly bushings; apparently those help tremendously compared to the stock rubber shit.

^

FSB helps prevent understeer (when you turn and you car keeps going straight), but at the same time it increases oversteer as your front is more planted to the groun than the back is.

RSB helps prevent oversteer(when your car back ends starts to move out causing you to spin), but at the same time it increases understear as the rear is more planted to the ground than the front is.

Archived