LegacyGT.com

Magnaflow

AndrewZ

Gives good DNF's on Lap 1. 4th session on the muffler. Melted heat sheilds, roasted a trans and u-joint, burnt floor boards, filled cockpit with smoke. Same result as new borlas (made in China)

Blew out upwards. Material escaping on its own volition

magna1.thumb.jpg.5c95d1f1e8300a0be7f269dc8eff7d3c.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to mention this was on a Mazda Rx-7 race car I'm head mechanic for :D Not the Subaru. And yes, I opensource tune the Outback

Just wanted to share the outstanding quality. EGTs around 1700, but this is 3 feet back

Sorry, I forgot to mention this was on a Mazda Rx-7 race car I'm head mechanic for :D Not the Subaru. And yes, I opensource tune the Outback

Just wanted to share the outstanding quality. EGTs around 1700, but this is 3 feet back

Aren't those EGT's a little high?

Nope, not high at all. Not for the application. The wideband was even reading a little rich that morning (can't run it during the race because of the heat). They can get a little hotter than that, too. At about 2000 things go wrong (other than the muffler blowing out).

I don't think it has anything to do with backfire. The car has a motec and a *lot* of dyno tuning, and we adjust the trim every morning based on the wideband readings. What happens is that with the heat the cheap metals begin to crack, and then when it's too aggravated they all blow out together :(

Archived