LegacyGT.com

92 Subaru Legacy Wagon Won't Turn Over

jplcrum

i thought it was the battery, so i replaced it, but the car still wont turn over. There is power reaching parts of teh car, because when the key is in ignition and door is open, the car beeps; the hazard lights work. but thats it. any thoughts on why the engine wont start? i think its definitely a power issue just dont know where to start

does the car try to start (ie whines) or click.. Initial thoughts are the wires going to the starter or a bad (stuck)solenoid on the starter. try tapping the solenoid with a hammer to see if its stuck. Try and advise.

O.

Good post.

Clicking sounds indicates the relay is trying to get power to the starter, but there just isn't enough juice coming from the battery. One click followed by nothing indicates the solenoid on the starter. No clicks indicates the starter relay. If you turn the key and everything else (Lights, radio, beeping) shuts off and takes more than a second to turn back on indicates a bad/rusted ground or bad battery terminal connections. Try baking soda and water on the battery terminal wires and hammering on the starter solenoid.

Archived