LegacyGT.com

Rolled my 07 Legacy this weekend.

Over 100k of course...

Come on, what did you think this topic would be about?

I had this car purchased for me by my Fiance a few months back, and when she found it, it had 94k on it. Needless to say it was an extremely hard combination to find in my area without paying an arm and a leg for it. And I told her the mileage means nothing to me, its the combo that I wanted. Engine's and transmissions can be rebuilt :)

But I just pushed it over 100k this weekend and I hope to put many more miles on it. I bought my old 95 beretta with 74k on it and I didn't retire that till it had 320k on it, so if that doesn't give you an idea of how long I hold onto a car I don't know what will. And yes I had to rebuild the motor and trans in the Beretta a few times, but at the same time I was tweaking it out and performing it as well. The performance aspect of that car died in 07 when I bought the car in my avatar, that one still has only 94k on the odo... and like 2k on the engine/trans from this year alone.

Now I'm just looking at doing a timing belt, clutch, and struts/springs before winter time. I already have the springs and I plan on hitting up FBP after I get back from my honeymoon (cross country trip in my Fiance's 05 Impreza Outback Sport) and purchasing everything I need.... as long as I have some money left. :)

lol, Thanks I will. As noted the honeymoon may take up a bit of cash right away, but she knows this stuff has to get done sooner or later. We are leaving on the 9th and planning on being back on the 27th, so you have plenty of time to sell out and re-stock till I will probably be ordering. :)

I'm with Max... I could really use a front Pass headlight and a new rim..... but congrats anyway and enjoy... I'm pushing 64k on my '08.... at this pace I'll probably be at 100k come next summer.

LOL, Of course I made the title that way to make you all think there would be some awesome roll over carnage pics... Only one I have is this though.

I missed the 99999 since it happened the second time I took the car out and I didn't even think to take a pic.

Fiance pics huh.... I'll see what I have on this laptop.

photo.thumb.jpg.0bc516938dd812dd3052f22a9c48c8a7.jpg

I'm right behind joo... 98900 miles... Just had the timing belt/wp/etc all changed at a local subie shop (AWDTuning) and they did a great job. I didnt have the ability/tools/time to get the job done and they got it taken care of very quickly.

We'll have to wait and see how long it takes you until you need the motor rebuilt... Assuming your going to be putting t3h powah to it :)

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Stage 1 right now, and going by who previously owned it I think the first 94k of its life was quite easy. I can say the only issue I had so far was 4th gear being picky when shifting during heavy acceleration, say getting on the highway. I decided to dump the Mobil 1 I put in there and swap it for a mixture of Royal Purple and some Syncromesh... Now the thing shifts like a dream.

I'm planning on going Stage 2 soon, but I may end up building my own downpipe so I may have to delay it a little. But I do have a 29k VF46 sitting on my shelf to go in once I do start pushing more boost. No need to stress this one. And then I'll have a spare to send off for freshen to just have around.

I have an 07, I already have a VF46 in there ;)

Well, what I mean then, not what I say :p The theory still holds true though. Blow the higher milage 46 and get it upgraded :) Or... Crazy hybrid twin turbo.......... naw

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

i came lookin for carnage pics

lol...yup i agree...:rolleyes:first thought now howd they roll a legacy, then instinct took over, clicked to see the pics of wreckage..good luck with your car...sure youll get some miles out of it

Archived