LegacyGT.com

Cleaned with Klasse :)

03Indigo

A couple of weeks ago, I went to http://www.detailersparadise.com, and spoke with Nick (since they are local in the Denver area). Got some great advice on what to use to take care of my new car, and he recommended the Klasse All-In-One followed by Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze. I first clay bared my car with the Griots Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com) Clay and Speed Shine...since I had some over spray on the car from when the dealership fixed and repainted my bumper...because they backed it into another car during service :(....but all better now. Just needed to get it smooth and fix the over spray. Clay is WONDERFUL for pulling off overspray...as was recommended to me by my buddy Mike R.

So, a little review: All-In-One (AIO), is a one step cleaner protector, polish, and long lasting acrylic protection...but not a final wax. I went all over the car with this and the Porter Cable and a cutting pad. I only used very small amounts as it went a long way, and then when I was done with a small section, I cleaned it off with a microfiber towel. I only did about 4 foot by 4 foot before i would clean it off.

Then I went to the Sealant Glaze...this is a very liquid "wax" that I applied again with my Porter Cable and a very soft wax pad that i also got from Griots Garage...but also have the same pad that you can get at Detailers Paradise. I followed the instructions that said cover the entire car, only needing about 2 fluid oz....I bet I used less than that total. Anyway, waited for it to dry and the instructions said to wipe off with a soft cotton towel...I took that to be a microfiber towel...well, NOTHING came off. I was in a panic. But no fear, I took one micro fiber towel and soaked it full of clean filtered water. I used that to first wipe of the dried Sealant Glaze, then used another micro fiber towel right behind it to dry it.

well, after about a total of 6 hours detailing the new car to wehre I want it, I am VERY happy with the results and the recommendations I received from Nick and his team at Detailers Paradise. Here are a few close up pics of the paint...mind you, this is a bright silver car, but due to the flash messing up the true shine, I turned it off and used a tri-pod for extended exposure shots. That is the reason for the "yellow/brown" tint to my paint...from the lights in the garage being regular bulbs, not flourescent bulbs.

now, on to pics:

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album73/IMG_0821.jpg

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album73/IMG_0822.jpg

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album73/IMG_0826.jpg

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album73/IMG_0827.jpg

ha, well, it is dark outside, and I don't feel like taking night shots. You can see more photos of the car in the Outback Photo section...look under "Outback Changing"

after I get the suspension done this week, I will be taking a bunch more shots

yeah, but Betsy had surgery on Thursday, so I am home taking care of her...she is not doing too well, so I work on things around the house while she naps. Her knee is killing her right now, poor thing, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, but think I am gonna stay home and be here for her if she needs me.

got some more pics of the car in the garage, uploading now, will post them in a few....

here are the best pics I can get of the outside...it is dark outside and I don't feel like going anywhere right now. you can see the full effect best on the side shot, notice the area around the rear wheel well, there is some serious gloss there!!! Totally the "wet" look that the product promises.

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album73/IMG_0841.jpg

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album73/IMG_0837.jpg

Thanx for the links & info. Hopefully....I can gather up enough courage to do the same.

I've got the OBP though....so I'm kinda terrified that I might mess something up.

It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

black is a drag, nothing shows swirls more than black. My allroad was black, what a pain that car was. That is why I went with silver. If you remember to never put that much pressure on your paint when you wash and dry, you will avoid the swirls. This Klasse stuff is GREAT for hiding swirls. I can't see any on my car what so ever, maybe that is partly due to the silver, but mostly, I think it is product.

I say, give it a shot.

oh my, that is what i call hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, do you collect road signs? :lol:

well, yes, those and plates. I also have a bunch of other automotive collectables. When I get in the new house, might be next spring now....the garage is gonna be all pimped with painted floors, painted walls, ton's of cabinets, very clean, bright, and I will have all my cool car stuff on display. It will be cool :)

yeah, but Betsy had surgery on Thursday, so I am home taking care of her...she is not doing too well, so I work on things around the house while she naps. Her knee is killing her right now, poor thing, hopefully tomorrow will be a better day, but think I am gonna stay home and be here for her if she needs me.

I hope Betsy gets well soon. :)

Tide: I hope stef won't see this thread.

This Space For Rent

Sweet. I started detailing my car today.. Clay bar and Zymol polish..

I still have swirl marks on the hood though that even Zymol would not remove.. so tomorrow I have to pick up some medium strength Meguiar's polish and hopefully that will work better. I won't make the mistake to take my car to a crappy car wash again..

I will be applying Klasse glaze after I get all the swirls out. I can't wait! It looks great on your silver car, but honestly I bet it will look even better on a dark car, like my Garnet Red GT or a black one.

Tide: I hope stef won't see this thread.

I can see it, does that mean she is headed in for surgery as well?

From what it says on the Klasse Glaze bottle, this product is IDEAL for darker colors, I quote.... "The SEALANT GLAZE will definitely enrich the color, especially on dark paints."

if the Mcguires stuff does not get the swirls out, 2 products I have found to be very affective are 3M's Finessit, and this new Klasse All-In-One. Well, the AIO is new to me anyway.....so, give it a shot and let us know how it turns out

thanks :), me too, it breaks my heart to see her in pain that i can not fix. Frickin school, never trained me to take that kind of pain away :(

I can see it, does that mean she is headed in for surgery as well?

thanks :), me too, it breaks my heart to see her in pain that i can not fix. Frickin school, never trained me to take that kind of pain away :(

no, stef is fine. it's just that... you know, when women see some guy is so sweet and nice to his g/f, they will have a long long talk with their men... i pity those poor guys... LOL

she won't forget what you are doing for her. :)

This Space For Rent

no, stef is fine. it's just that... you know, when women see some guy is so sweet and nice to his g/f, they will have a long long talk with their men... i pity those poor guys... LOL

she won't forget what you are doing for her. :)

ah, gottcha, Betsy knows how good she has it, but it is a mutual thing, she wigged out for a bit, but is now back to normal. Hopefully Stef won't put Tide on the butcher block as a result of this, haha.

I know she won't, well, she might, she is on a lot of pain meds right now :lol:

here is the MINI after the same think, except the clay bar. This car is over 2 years old and has been washed a bazillion times, so there are some minor scratches in the paint I can not get out, but it still looks pretty good, minimal swirls after the products...so you can see what it looks like on darker paints as well. I think it is about the same as the 4Star products I used before, and that stuff is cheaper, so I might go that route for the darker paint, and use the Klasse for the silver.

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album73/IMG_0856_001.jpg

Klasse does look great on darker cars. Its a 'polished rock' looking shine that really enhances reflections and gloss on dark colors. If you think it looks good now, you should see it after 4 or 5 coats. The stuff is amazing looking. I use Klasse during the winter because it is so much more durable than most other products.

The way you worked with the SG is the way I do it. I use a damp cloth and follow it with a dry cloth when buffing it off. The secret to applying it so that buffing it off is easier is to use thin thin thin thin thin coats. If you can see it going on then you are using too much. The thinner it is the easier it is to buff off. On silver and white it is going to be really hard to do that since the product is a milky white color anyway. Its hard to see where you've missed and where you got it unless you are looking down the side of your car at an angle. There is a little bit of a learning curve associated with Klasse, but that is because it is unlike any wax you have ever used. It isn't a wax at all, its an acrylic sealant and isn't a "wax on, wax off" kind of product. Its worth learning and using though.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

yeah, it buffed off REAL EASY with the damp cloth, so I was not worried. Thanks for the feed back on them though, that helps. I thought I was doing something wrong. I put it on in a very, very thin layer, and it was hard to tell where I went over, that is what a head lamp comes in handy, haha. Much easier to see on the Indy Blue Paint of the MINI Cooper.

i enjoy a clean car ... but i do NOT understand putting that much effort into a daily driver. :(

poor outback deserves to be DRIVEN, not pampered in a garage all day.

But, it sure does look shiny.

oh, believe me, it is my daily driver, the MINI sits and waits for nice summer and track days. Making the car that clean just keeps it nicer in the long run, cleaner now, cleaner in the future, and pride in ownership. It is a personal preference, and I love how this car looks, clean and dirty. Here is what it normally looks like

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album108/Subaru1.jpg

poor outback deserves to be DRIVEN, not pampered in a garage all day.

But, it sure does look shiny.

BTW, I am home taking care of my girlfriend who just had massive knee surgery, so I can't really go far incase she needs help with something...so might as well make it look good!!!

:D

Nice detailing jobs! Klasse has been my favorite for it's balance of ease-of-use, shine and durability. Some detailers don't like it, however because it creates a candy-shell vs. a deep-wet gloss. That's never bothered me.

The Sealant Glaze definety can be a little tricky to remove if you don't do it right. Thin coats are a must as well as plenty of drying before buffing. It sometimes becomes confusing since AIO works best when buffed before drying.

Ken

Archived