LegacyGT.com

06 - Nav???

Drinkin40s

I've looked and looked.... does anyone have a firm eta on the factory navigation option? My sister just bought an OB and the dealer said it could be retrofitted. I am not taking the chance for mine, so has anyone heard a firm date on when it will be available? Thanks.

i can't understand why anybody would want a $2500 factory navigation system.

why not get the Pioneer AVIC-N1 put in the cubby for around $1500 or less, and have a crapload more features?

what i plan on getting sometime soon is a portable touchscreen nav - most likely the Lowrance 700C - has touchscreen, voice command/control, 20gig harddrive (10gigs alloted for storing MP3's), with a big 7" high res display. most importantly, i can use it in ANY of my cars.

http://www.lowrance.com/images/Automotive/iWAY700c/iWAY700c_large.jpg

the extra $1000-$1200 i have saved over the factory nav can go to mods. :D

I can't understand why anybody would want a $2500 factory navigation system

True, true. You have to wonder if that is really a cost effective solution? You can buy a really nice Rand-Mcnally for under $20.

True, true. You have to wonder if that is really a cost effective solution? You can buy a really nice Rand-Mcnally for under $20.

hey, i like like my gadgets :) , but factory nav is just a waste of money.

I considered the 800 dollar Lowrance i-way 500C until I got my hands on one. IT IS BULKY and UGLY. To mount it in the cockpit would be a monumental challenge.

The dealer told me you can retrofit it on 05s. If not...that Pioneer shit...or Kenwood or Alpine...

Yes, paper maps would work, but the 'Mrs.' has grown quite fond of the nav in her '02 330xi, so having this option is the only way I can get her to switch, plus her warranty was up at 50k and I want stuff covered. We went to a different Sub dealer today and they didn't have a clue either, just that it could be retrofitted (i think they are pushing the 05's). They did say the Tribeca has a cool touch screen nav unit, but it's non-turbo. Can aftermarked unit's tie into the vehicle equipment? She loves the voice commands and vehicle stats on her color screen. I worry that an aftermarket unit would not tie into the unique vehicle stats.

Archived