LegacyGT.com

Cobb OTS stage 2 93 oct map: am I knocking?

subawang

I just installed a Cobb HFC downpipe (only power mod) last week and did a little datalogging using the AP. I made four logs:

-log 1: WOT 2nd gear pull followed by a 3rd gear pull. I logged knock correction (but not knock learning). Are the negative values meaning that I'm knocking?

-log 2: WOT 2nd gear pull directly into WOT in 3rd. This time knock correction at 0 the whole time.

-log 3: two 3rd gear WOT pulls. Again, negative knock correction values on the first, but not the second.

-log 4: WOT 2nd, the WOT 3rd. Knock correction values only for the 3rd gear pull.

My questions:

- do I need to also log knock learning or is knock correction enough?

- I am hitting 18 psi on a OTS Cobb stage 2 93 oct map, but no other spiking. I assume this is ok?

- Although I logged on a rather hot day(~90 deg F), I was hoping for more on the top end (only ~220 g/s mass flow). Looking back on some stock and stage 1 logs, I was flowing that much back then. Seems like there isn't any more on the top end. Can I hope for more on an e-tune from Infamous1? I also have a Perrin TMIC going on this weekend.

- I like to do HPDE/track days. Is the Cobb OTS tune safe enough?

Thanks for reading!

datalog1.csv

datalog2.csv

datalog3.csv

datalog4.csv

Arent the stage 2 maps designed to work with a catless or high flow uppipe? I thought it was 08s and up that had the catless UPs, Im not sure if 07s do (someone correct me if Im wrong). That might solve your issue.

Arent the stage 2 maps designed to work with a catless or high flow uppipe? I thought it was 08s and up that had the catless UPs, Im not sure if 07s do (someone correct me if Im wrong). That might solve your issue.

07's and up and have a catless up (and air pump). What exactly is my issue?

My questions:

- do I need to also log knock learning or is knock correction enough? - If you are using RR to log you should log "Knock Sum" This will show exactly when you knock (the actual knock event counter will increment). Learned knock can be seen with Learning View..no need to log it. The first negatice number is the moment you knocked and the reduced negative number after that is the ECU slowly adding timing back in.

- I am hitting 18 psi on a OTS Cobb stage 2 93 oct map, but no other spiking. I assume this is ok? I think so..18 is fine as long as you are not knocking.

- Although I logged on a rather hot day(~90 deg F), I was hoping for more on the top end (only ~220 g/s mass flow). Looking back on some stock and stage 1 logs, I was flowing that much back then. Seems like there isn't any more on the top end. - There is more top end to be had.

Can I hope for more on an e-tune from Infamous1? I also have a Perrin TMIC going on this weekend. I think the low g/sec could be a result of the heat, but a custom tne from infamous is worth the money and will likely yield more power IMO.

- I like to do HPDE/track days. Is the Cobb OTS tune safe enough? I think so..it looks like you are knocking at tip-in not while under WOT.

Use learning view or Access Tuner to post the knock learning table.

From my experience with the Cobb OTS stage 2 93 octane map (05 model year at least), it can stand to be leaned out some, as the fuel targets are very close to the factory values. And the factory values are richer than what is normally used on an aftermarket performance tune (low 10's). The timing is fine, on the OTS stage 2 93 octane it's already advanced in some areas compared to stock. I think I advanced it about 1.5 degrees beyond what the OTS map already had once the Perrin TMIC went in.

As for more top end power, well there's only so much to be had from the stock turbo, and EJ25 engines in general aren't designed for a big top end punch anyway (design of heads and intake manifolds). If your e tune consists of ramping up the boost (through the mid range and even up top as it tapers) then yes you can pick up some more power.

On the search for a new DD...

your logs are the exact same as mine. im working on pushing the turbo now but i dont think its got much left. i have a 3 port boost controller by turbosmart now so i can play with it but with a stock solenoid, smaller pill might be the answer but dont quote me on that. as far as i know wastegate arm is not adjustable

Thanks for the replies guys. After reading your replies and also the sticky on knock, it does seem like I am knocking at tip-in. I'll have to do some more logs and check tip-in at part throttle. But, any ideas why it would knock at tip-in? Is it a false positive?

Anyways, I am using the AccessPort to log. I don't have RR, but I think I may have downloaded AccessTuner. Since I don't do any tuning myself, I haven't really opened AccessTuner at all. So, I'm not sure how to access any table from my OTS stage 2 map. I'll poke around with it if I have to.

Download AccessTuner Race. Connect to the ECU. On the left side look for the Ignition section, then Knock learning. The table is in there. It's the same table that shows up in Learning View if you are using open source tuning. The fuel trims are displayed under the fuel section, "A/F learning" table.
On the search for a new DD...

Download AccessTuner Race. Connect to the ECU. On the left side look for the Ignition section, then Knock learning. The table is in there. It's the same table that shows up in Learning View if you are using open source tuning. The fuel trims are displayed under the fuel section, "A/F learning" table.

Cool, I just downloaded ATR again. I'll check on the Knock learning and fueling and report back. I'll also try to get some logs this weekend of part throttle tip to see if I can define a threshold for knock onset.

Archived