LegacyGT.com

Clutch feels rough when cold

wsmith30132

I have a ACT street disc with the HD pressure plate and it has around 35k on it. In the last week when the car has sat for a while the clutch feels rough right before full engagement. It goes away after 2 or 3 releases. (pulling out of driveway in R then in 1st) I do have a braided clutch line so its more sensative but this feel is new. Anything i should worry about? It doesnt make any sounds and drives normal? Thanks

Had to ask...didn't you ?

Have you driven the car hard lately. When I baby my car, it doesn't like it. Every now and then you need to let it run...like the turbo charged engine was ment to.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

hahaha, wish i could. For about 40k now every time I'm in 2nd or 3rd gear it gets hammered untill im up to speed. I just shift easy then let er rip. I usally run 2nd up till 5.5-6k all day every day. After reading these forums I'm surprised it hasnt blow up :cool:. I didnt mod it not to run it, just good ol mid-westerner maintance!

I think the key is regular oil changes and let the turbo cool before you shut it off.

Just drive that bitch...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived