LegacyGT.com

finaly picked up my 96ls

soo ive been on here for a while but i finaly picked up my 96ls... a little ruff in spots.. but gives me somehting to work with plus it was only 500$

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq250/Glover_Performance/IMG_2511.jpg

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq250/Glover_Performance/IMG_2507.jpg

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq250/Glover_Performance/IMG_2510.jpg

some rustys ... spots on engine need a rust treatment and new coat of paint... the rear spoiler has some orange peel really bad that need some attention... quarter panel rust.. but im happy with the overal condition of car...

sooo for you guys with 2g's what are some steps i need to take to get a little extra umpf outa a 2.2 auto ( and i know auto :eek: goes against everything i said i would get in a car... but until the focus is finished its what i got)

Wow, 500 bucks? That's a steal. How is it mechanically?

The 2.2 is a plus because of reliability. You could find a 5 spd pretty easily, I'd recommend doing that first.

I'm not sure about this mod, someone will either correct me, or add to what I have to say. But you could go with some EJ18 heads with some delta cams for a high compression build. You'd have to run 92 octane, but I bet you'd see 190 - 200 horses with that. However, I've only heard rumors of this working, I've never seen anyone actually do it...so correct me if I'm wrong.

Your other option would be to find a donor turbo leggy, or find an ej22t and do a swap. I'd personally go the turbo route, but it would be cheaper and easier (i think) to do the high compression build. I almost got some ej18 heads once for like 30 bucks. It's not a real desirable motor, so its not like your paying an arm and a leg for things.

kaz98gt, I'm not sure if that question was for me or not, lol, so if it wasn't disregard this post cause it would almost be a thread hijack. :)

I'm not sure. I really want to go the turbo route, but it's a lot of money for me, especially with my band. I've spent a lot of money on recording equipment over the past few months, and other stuff. Don't make enough money to support both hobbies!

I'll probably just keep driving her, and leave her stock. I love my GT, it looks so good with no mods, I'm pretty satisfied. I don't have a gf, shes the closest thing to it. :p I know kinda sad.

i wanna do a small sti scoop ... just cuz but... umm my poor focus is in the garage ahah you cant see it from pic but.....

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq250/Glover_Performance/GAMERPICS090.jpg

but i was looking at manual swaps... and i know this is going to sound dumb but ive never had a awd car ( although the focus sceen is still waiting for our awd focus to hit the shores) but if your just driving through parking lot or backing up is it always feel like your really working against it?

kaz98gt, I'm not sure if that question was for me or not, lol, so if it wasn't disregard this post cause it would almost be a thread hijack. :)

I'm not sure. I really want to go the turbo route, but it's a lot of money for me, especially with my band. I've spent a lot of money on recording equipment over the past few months, and other stuff. Don't make enough money to support both hobbies!

I'll probably just keep driving her, and leave her stock. I love my GT, it looks so good with no mods, I'm pretty satisfied. I don't have a gf, shes the closest thing to it. :p I know kinda sad.

It was for glover96ls :rolleyes:

Stock is a good look for our 2nd generations, I agree!

Ok glover, what did you use to clean that up? And did you put in some new wires?

ok i think the wires are aftermarket but im not sure...he said he replaced them not to long ago..

as far as cleaning i used some soapy water, a few shop raggs, and alotta stick-to-it-tive-ness... not finished wanna try to do some wire tucks and cleaning... i got some rust reformer soo alot of parts im going to take off sand blast and give a few coats..

a few questions for the long time legacy guys..

one is there a nice exhaust the will give it that deep subaru sound close to the sound of the sti?

two is there any mod you guys do to add a underhood snorkle like the focus have

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/cgi-bin/Images/CDA/27B-Ford_Focus_1.8.jpg

its the scoopy thing on right of radiator support.

umm and will a same year outback hood fit? i really want the suby scoop :)

I think the same year outback, or even a newer legacy up till 99 should fit your hood. Anyone confirm this?

As far as a snorkus, just go custom dude. There's some cai's and others out there that are pre-fabbed, but some people have complained about fitment issues. on yours, there's a snorkus thing that runs to the left of the engine bay that faces down, and that bends around to a muffler in the front fender, which then leads to a sealed tube that goes into the airbox. are you looking for an intake mod or what?

Archived