LegacyGT.com

FB Offering a Rear 20mm AVO Adj. Swaybar for $89

shadowsports

I think so.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

"bait & switch"? believe me, we are not interested in stuff like that - nor do we have the time!

It was a simple error. We upload parts by the hundreds via excel spreadsheet. It was an honest mistake. It can be pretty easy to enter incorrect piece of data when dealing with a large upload.

I'm actually quite surprised to hear that some would be interested in personal gain @ our expense given the chance on this forum.

Thank You to the member that contacted @ alerted us of the error.

would it be like MI laws against "bait and switch" where the marked price must be honored no matter what

would it be like MI laws against "bait and switch" where the marked price must be honored no matter what

I think so.

FredBeansParts has been a LOOOOONG time Forum supporting Vendor.

They have long supported the Forum and its members - especially in times of need/trouble. The most recent? Look at how they handled the Invidia Q300 mess. Even when no "professional" remedial measures were sought, all the customers had to do was to tell them how much time they'd spent on the corrections, and restitution was made. How do I know? I was one of those who made the purchase, and I DIY'ed it, and they made-good.

There is absolutely no way that I would believe that FBP would ever fall to any such tactic.

An honest mistake is an honest mistake, and I know for a matter of fact that if you'd checked-out at that price or had called them - with the intent of purchase - and they saw that price, they'd go "oops," but that they'd have honored it. Again, how do I know? I once "saved" $10, this way. :lol::p I didn't expect them to honor the price (particularly as it was indicated at the correct, $10 higher price, elsewhere on their website - but they did.

Fixing an honest mistake is not "bait and switch." This is not an after-the-fact "sorry we can't fill your order" kind of thing.

Those of you who would accuse FBP of any such behavior should first check their standings on the Forums. There is a reason why so many of us continue to give this Vendor our business.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

+1 to everything TSi said.

FBP is the BEST most UPSTANDING vendor EVAR!

Look at the Invidia quad tip debacle too. FBP to the rescue.

Racing Brake mis-advertised that their calipers fit OEM wheels too (they do, but only 2005/2006). FBP stepped up and made GOOD when my brakes did not fit.

Accidents happen. If someone did order the part at that price, I am confident FBP would have stood up and eaten the loss.

It is disappointing that some would want to take advantage of FBP after all they have done for the end users of products they sell (and don't manufacture).

Even at a higher price, FBP gets my business (although they are constantly the cheapest). I will pay more for the best customer service and warranty available.

"

Thank You to the member that contacted @ alerted us of the error.

Jeremy,

Thanks for the help the following day. Enjoyed our conversation and am looking forward to the whiteline and kartboy upgrades on their way to me. You guys always do us right!

FredBeansParts has been a LOOOOONG time Forum supporting Vendor.

They have long supported the Forum and its members - especially in times of need/trouble. The most recent? Look at how they handled the Invidia Q300 mess. Even when no "professional" remedial measures were sought, all the customers had to do was to tell them how much time they'd spent on the corrections, and restitution was made. How do I know? I was one of those who made the purchase, and I DIY'ed it, and they made-good.

There is absolutely no way that I would believe that FBP would ever fall to any such tactic.

An honest mistake is an honest mistake, and I know for a matter of fact that if you'd checked-out at that price or had called them - with the intent of purchase - and they saw that price, they'd go "oops," but that they'd have honored it. Again, how do I know? I once "saved" $10, this way. :lol::p I didn't expect them to honor the price (particularly as it was indicated at the correct, $10 higher price, elsewhere on their website - but they did.

Fixing an honest mistake is not "bait and switch." This is not an after-the-fact "sorry we can't fill your order" kind of thing.

Those of you who would accuse FBP of any such behavior should first check their standings on the Forums. There is a reason why so many of us continue to give this Vendor our business.

Overreaction.

He was asking if, had someone ordered at $89, would FBP honor the price for that person, and if they didn't, would that be a bait-and-switch tactic. I think it would be.

No one was bad mouthing FBP.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Obviously not an overreaction by your response. "would that be a bait-and-switch tactic. I think it would be."

The point he was making was that it is NOT a bait and switch and was an obvious mistake. The fact that you feel it was a bait and switch shows how little experience you have with FBP.

Then for the OP to advertise it and tell folks to take advantage of said mistake instead of contacting the vendor and notifying them. Thats being a good member of the community.

Notice that the mistake was only live for a matter of minutes? If it was a bait and switch it would have been up for long enough to actually get some sales. Besides, with the YEARS of excellent service to the community why on earth would FBP pull a fast one just to sell a few sways? They sell thousands of dollars worth of merchandise on this forum every day. Risk that for 5 sales. Give me a break.

Overreaction.

He was asking if, had someone ordered at $89, would FBP honor the price for that person, and if they didn't, would that be a bait-and-switch tactic. I think it would be.

No one was bad mouthing FBP.

It wouldn't. Amazon et al have set legal precedent for this scenario several times now. This was one of the "brave new world" issues involved with online retailing and it has been pretty well beat to death.

The court of public opinion is a different animal, of course. But FBP's obvious long-standing reputation with this community (which even I have learned as a complete subbie nub) goes a long way towards assuaging fears of intentional bait and switch tactics.

Obviously not an overreaction by your response. "would that be a bait-and-switch tactic. I think it would be."

The point he was making was that it is NOT a bait and switch and was an obvious mistake. The fact that you feel it was a bait and switch shows how little experience you have with FBP.

Then for the OP to advertise it and tell folks to take advantage of said mistake instead of contacting the vendor and notifying them. Thats being a good member of the community.

Notice that the mistake was only live for a matter of minutes? If it was a bait and switch it would have been up for long enough to actually get some sales. Besides, with the YEARS of excellent service to the community why on earth would FBP pull a fast one just to sell a few sways? They sell thousands of dollars worth of merchandise on this forum every day. Risk that for 5 sales. Give me a break.

^ I actually feel that even madcatz's wording/choice-of-words was incendiary.

I think so.

Why "bait and switch" would even be mentioned by madcatz and then reinforced with your answer, BAC is completely beyond me, and I find it to be insulting to one of our most established and most dedicated Forum/community-supporting Vendors as well - especially AFTER the mistake had been remedied, given shadowsports's honest help and FBP's quick response.

Given how quickly one's good name can be dragged through the mud in an online Forum community, particularly when the only one offering any "defense" was the supposedly-offending party (i.e. FBP, in their countering post, post #10), I merely came forward to offer my view of things, as a member with good standing, since May, 2005.

I've seen more than one good Vendor here die or suffer, from a simple mistake or perceived affront. Similarly, I've seen more than one dishonest Vendor, or such operations in-decline, that have hurt members of our community.

To let a Vendor face such a scarring and horrible accusation - "bait and switch" - by themselves? I'm not about to let that go.

If nothing was meant by asking - or the confirmation - then both should have been worded better.

I have not had as much interaction with madcatz, but BAC, I know you both from SubaruForester.org as well as here, and I know your postings to be both elegant and concise.

Your reply in post #21 was clear in intent - but those 3 words in the earlier post? definitely not so.

That FBP felt it necessary to reply to the "bait and switch" comment itself demonstrates that my reply, as well as the later support from other community members, is far from an over-reaction.

The only over-reaction here is the original "bait and switch" catchphrase.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

You guys are ridiculous. HE WAS ASKING A QUESTION. DID HE ACCUSE FBP OF ATTEMPTING A "BAIT AND SWITCH" TACTIC? NO!

Seriously, you guys need to relax.

I wasn't insulting FBP, and I doubt madcatz was doing anything more than asking an innocent question. IF they did not honor the listed $89 price when someone ordered, would that be "bait and switch"? I think it would be. I don't think FBP would do it, and I'm not (nor have I ever) accused them of being party to those types of antics.

It is obvious it was a mistake on FBP's part. Put down the pitchforks.

Archived