LegacyGT.com

re-tune necessary after TMIC?

wpmarky

So I've gotten tuned for stage 2 already. If I get an aftermarket TMIC will I need a new tune? Or can i just continue to use my previous stg. 2 tune and wait until I get more stage 3 parts to get tuned?

Normally I'd say NO but experience told me otherwise. I was fine with the first pro-tune following my 2009 install of a Perrin TMIC in May but by July when the hot weather came, I started knocking and I needed another pro-tune.

Don't just install it and go. Take some logs. In my experience with the Perrin TMIC, the WOT AFR did change.

^That certainly can occur if you are now in load sites that were previously untuned...

Wisdom says that. But I was light knocking (-1 to -3) while cruising or even at idle. Not at WOT. Go figure.

A sprayer is on my list. I helped a buddy with his car and he has a JDM sprayer tank we are going to try fitting in my car's trunk for the sprayer setup. I might use it to supply the windshield sprayer too lol

In my experience, 99% of knock at cruise or idle is false knock.

You might want to make an IC sprayer (water), works great in hot climates. I used the passenger washer nozzle and mounted it upside down in the scoop airfoil.

Interesting, is it easily reversible? Could i mount them upside down for track day, then just put them back to normal afterwards? Cooling is a concern for me, as the tracks here are in the middle of nowhere and reach 100+ easily before noon.

Archived