LegacyGT.com

My Obsidian Black Pearl Legacy GT Ltd. Wagon

[quote name='dskelto']Post break-in impressions: New [b]Hotness[/b]/Ultimate [b]Smoothness[/b] snip. [size=2](disclaimer: the following anecdote is in no way meant to advocate unsafe driving on public roads)[/size] This theme is also carried over in the chassis dynamics. I had the occaision to flirt with the grip limitations of the RE92's on a 2-lane freeway entrance ramp. I took the outside HOV lane to see how the AWD would behave. I approached the ramp in 3rd and initial turn-in was nice as usual. I faded to the outside lane maintaining a medium throttle. At the 50% point of the curve moderate understeer became apparent, I applied more throttle in an effort to correct. The front end tucked in as I anticipated, but as I got to the 80% point of the curve both I could hear the front and rear tires squeeling. Now be aware that my wife was in the car as well and i could see her glance my way. In any other wwd vehicle I would have to ease off and allow the car to correct itself, but the Legacy was still tracking the line that I wanted and almost seemed to be enjoying it. I stayed on the throttle and actually increased it slightly. The tires hooked up and we shot past the line of single occupant cars waiting for the on-ramp green light. The thing that struck me about the whole event was the high level of feedback that I received from the car, and the smoothness of the engine and chassis. The true nature of this car really becomes apparent as time is spent behind the wheel and learning who she is. She is Smooth! 8) She is hot!! :twisted: and she is mine!!! :love:[/quote] Man! It's like reading car pr0n. :o Btw, thanks for the much needed info.

[quote]OUCH! No grinding gears! I hope to god that the GT shifter/tranny is better than that is in my WRX. [/quote] No grinding gears anymore. For the first 100 miles or so there was a slight hitch going into 3rd that would fool me into thinking I was in gear when I was not. It seems to have smoothed out and/or I use more effort to make sure it is fully in gear. Have no fear...it is better than the WRX and I actually found the WRX gear box to be pretty good. The biggest issue I have with the 5-speed is the fact that the console cupholders are directly behind the shifter which makes it somewhat awkward to drink and drive..so to speak :) Tom

I got my GT tonight. 120 miles on the ODO and counting. The only quirk with the tranny so far is that getting into reverse from a stop is a little difficult sometimes. Not sure why but I think it will work its way out. I LOVE THIS CAR! Yes I'll get pics up tomorrow. It's late.

[quote name='Th3Franz']I got my GT tonight. 120 miles on the ODO and counting. The only quirk with the tranny so far is that getting into reverse from a stop is a little difficult sometimes. Not sure why but I think it will work its way out. I LOVE THIS CAR! Yes I'll get pics up tomorrow. It's late.[/quote] The3Franz. Congrats on the new addition! I too have noticed that shifting into reverse can be a pain. The other night I had to try three or four times before it engaged.

[quote name='squirrel-bait']Where's the additional pictures we were promised? We neeeeed more black wagon photos! Pretty please? :cry: sqrl b8[/quote] OMFG! I just busted out laughing when I say your avatar! Too funny. Search in the photos forum for some pics in there. I think there are quite a few.

[quote name='axis008']Franz, I'm so jealous of you! You're out driving your car right now instead of posting pictures![/quote] I'll get pictures off of the camera this evening. As for getting into reverse, I think it works better to push the shifter a little bit farther to the right while pulling down towards the bottom. I'll keep playing with it. :D

Archived