LegacyGT.com

CD Changer Error... help plz

dr_sharp

I was finishing the last few things behind the stereo today and I turned it on when it was sitting on its side :redface:

It doesn't display how many discs are loaded and it won't properly load the disk from tray 1. It shows the display as if it were going to read it but then it just says "Push Eject"

It won't eject at all. It doesn't even try to eject when I press eject. I'm sure the CD is just lodged it a funky way inside of the changer. Does anybody have any experience taking the changer apart?

lol

2 of the 4 disks in the changer we dislodged from the center "spindle" (?)... so I used a screwdriver to push them back in line with the rest of the disks... it works fine now.

Lesson learned, remove CDs from the changer when you're screwing around.

lol

Yeah this happened to me doing the jazzy mod years ago before the instructions got changed. You can thank my mistake for that one. Interesting you have the Push Eject prompt, on my 05 the darn thing wont even start up with the same scenario.
No, the name has nothing to do with bragging about 20 inch wheels...

• 2 weeks later...
If everything works out, you should hear the cd changer make a whole bunch of noises when you plug the big white connector.... its just checking which slots have cds... that is normal. Then everything will be back to normal with the user interface as well.
lol

• 1 month later...

This happened to me today just driving along switching CD's after finishing one full CD. Kinda sucked but all I did was pop the jammed disk back into place and its all working again.

The picture in this thread is the most useful, the one with the big question mark.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2005-p-201uh-disc-changer-jami-pictures-140959.html?t=140959&highlight=jam

You're lucky. I aligned my discs but the changer doesn't recognize that it has discs in it, or so it seems. Still without cd's. Contemporary radio is so horrible I drive with the windows open and the stereo off most of the time

^ I feel your pain. To date I have never had a 6disk changer in any of my cars work till I got rid of it. Every single one of them has had to be replaced. I am wondering if I should eject all the disks right now and just stick with one slot to avoid movement inside the changer.

I think my problem was using Verbatum "vinyl" discs, they are a bit thicker than normal and have grooves like for a turn table needle. I jammed a week after getting them, with 2-3 of them in the changer with 6 discs total. Plus it happened while changing CDs and hitting a pot hole

• 1 year later...
I have an '06 legacy with a single disc. While doing the Jazzy aux in line I must have jarred the player hard enough to misalign the laser. Now when I put a disc in the CD player accepts it, starts spinning it, never gets it to full speed, doesn't recognize the disc/tracks, and spits the cd out. I'm pretty sure the CD player is toast, but there is some hope; I believe the problem is with the potentiometer... Going to try this: http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/3/24/45212/6874 you may have a similar problem. I'll update if it works out.

Archived