LegacyGT.com

2007-2009 Air Pump Delete with CEL codes and ECU Fix-Pix too

I use KS tech. Not as pretty, but you cant see the plates. I have a prettier set a manufacturer sent me, LOL. Maybe some day I will swap them. The pump itself is plastic. The tubing from the pump to solenoids is plastic. Everything else is metal. It really is annoying. Try to change plugs... have to remove the damn air pump tubing anyway.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking the whole assembly off clears up a ton of usable space around the intake manifold and generally makes little things so much easier to work on. Thanks again for the tips and help Mike :)

I'm waiting to do mine when I do my headers and up pipe... I think getting to the right side tube and solenoid will be MUCH easier with the turbo out. I think either that way, or removing the whole intake plenum is the way to go, and I don't need to pull that quite yet... I probably should to do the gaskets though since they gave me issues when it was cold out.

I took the whole intake manifold, turbo, TGV's, throttle body, intercooler, etc. all off as I was doing a lot of upgrades at once. Having everything out of the way makes it a lot easier to get to all the parts. I can't say for sure how long it took but I did like Mike and cut the atmospheric pressure sensor out of the solenoid and only needed to use the Cosworth delete plates. Taking that air pump out allowed me to use my AVO FMIC and also use the 05-07 oil fill neck which was necessary for the AVO unit.

As long as you know which codes need to be removed it shouldn't matter how you tune it. I have an AP and had Calvin at Cobb Plano tune my car just fine. As far as ease of use, it all boils down to whether you want to do it yourself or not.

• 2 weeks later...

So the disassembly began today, and I "modded" the right air valve, and this is where she will rest:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m194/star91281/2011-09-13_16-29-01_179.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m194/star91281/2011-09-13_16-29-07_889.jpg

Now there is enough room for my block tap-in to clear for oil supply to the new turbo, and the atmosperic pressure sensor is still there. :)