LegacyGT.com

2007-2009 Air Pump Delete with CEL codes and ECU Fix-Pix too

Passenger side needs two plates if you want to leave the solenoid instead of dismantling it like me. KSTech now sells the third plate separately. I removed everything and cut apart the solenoid, so I used two plates. Both on the engine.

Been two years since I have used an AP. Sorry, not sure anymore.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tempted to do this since most recently I've had a 410 code after startup, twice now... Sorry but I'm not replacing that POS pump. I'll just remove the whole thing instead. Nice to know about the atmospheric sensor though!

• 2 months later...
The pump is only in play during startup and certain other fuel-rich times. If your emissions testing is like ours, it's done once the car is already warmed up, and the air pump shouldn't affect anything.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Most emissions tests on OBDII cars are done by the ECM readiness anyways and no tailpipe sniffing is done. So I guess if you have no codes and your car passes all the OBDII tests, aka all disabled codes were done properly, then you should pass.

My Beretta has 95% of the test systems disabled so all 4 systems show as ready after you just turn the key on, the car doesn't even have to run. LOL

I wish I could just find the table in the ROM that makes the air pump run and disable it that way... Its so damn noisy on start-up, and I really don't feel like ripping it apart quite yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I was going to remove it, but other than aesthetics... after reading your write up on it... what possible benefits do you gain other than blocking cel's? Is there any real advantage to removing this?

In the words of my friend, an experienced Subaru mechanic, "It's a pain.... in the a$$ to change the spark plugs with that in the way!":lol:

So +1 for easier to work on and +1 for the weight loss! I think I’m gonna tackle mine when I get closer to the 60K service which is still a long way away!:lol:

Has anyone who’s done this actually had to pass emissions yet??

I looking for a real delete and emissions pass! My friend also said some emissions places will look for the Pump and if it’s gone you will not pass… Of course this would be someone who had to know it was there in the first place and this is specific to Colorado.

Its very easy to just drop the pump back in with that one side vent still there... And obviously the solenoid will be gone... but I doubt they would look that far.

I'm curious how well it will pass emissions though with romraider disabling codes. I know I have to do it a certain way on my GM for the tests to still pass even though the components are missing.

Move to Cali. Wallet will open fast. But I understand. The cars are actually "clean". But do not pass "visual" as the parts manufacturers never paid the extortion fee to the state. Oh, I mean the CARB compliance testing procedure.