LegacyGT.com

More CAI Problems

Ok, got my CAI installed and all the issues fixed. I don't notice a big difference, but it sounds great at high RPMs. Anyway, if I just tap the throttle in neutral, it sputters or hesitates, almost hiccups, then smoothly revs up. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, all my vacuum hoses are fine, and I reset my ecu by disconnecting the battery. Now my car idles around 6-700 RPM, and occasionally spikes up to 1700 for a couple seconds, then back down to almost a stall every now and then. Acceleration is choopy sometimes as well. Any ideas?

Kentbox, Put your stock stuff back on and see if it fixes the problem. Also make sure you don't have any air leaks between the air flow sensor and throttle body. Alot of people have cai's with no issues. Probably just something simple that you may have over looked.

yes very simple. like putting on the vacuum hose backwards(the one for the brake booster) and backing into tree.

and about that noise about cia and MAFv spikes. i really do think thats not a problem in our cars. cause most people get no problems or anything like what they are talking about. black smoke. boging. cutting out. i took mine out and my motor rips right from idle.

o yea true. haha

they dont hydro lock it seems. mine just messed with the maf and the coil pack some how got messed up. ran on 2 cylinders(motor had zero power and sounded like a 2 cylinder engine.)

i made a hybrid intake and it works great, my execution of it looks kinda bad, but i promise the functionality is much better than stock. i wouldnt say there is any more power, but response is definitely better.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9090/img0950o.jpg

no, that just puts it back how it was before and defeats the whole point of it. read the thread i posted a link to ;) i ran without the snorkus for a while and all that did was make a seriously annoying hum while not really doing anything else. with the hybrid intake i have noticed much better response and no annoying hum.

i made a hybrid intake and it works great, my execution of it looks kinda bad, but i promise the functionality is much better than stock. i wouldnt say there is any more power, but response is definitely better.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9090/img0950o.jpg

Panel filter in there? or do you fit a cone in there?

Archived