LegacyGT.com

I'm a Dealer now!

Naylor

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually bought my current car through a Manheim Highline auction. I was searching for a E60 M5 for about 4 months, unfortunately I could not find the combo I wanted in good condition within my budget. They were out there, I just missed the boat a few times...

I did have some opportunities to buy a few with very light cosmetic damage (front and rear bumper needed to be repaired/replaced etc.) and they were stupid cheap; I am kicking myself now for not doing it but I did not want to go through the hassle of all that at the time.

Anyways, when buying from an auction keep in mind that a lot of time the car will need some servicing and/or TLC i.e. new tires, brakes, timing belt, paint touch-up etc. this can really add up on highline cars as you can probably imagine.

Overall, definitely a fun experience. But can be kind of a pain in the ass and in my opinion it only really pays off if you are buying high-line vehicles i.e. BMW, Audi, Merc, etc. because they will have the largest mark up at dealerships. Not to say there are not great deals to be had on all makes and models if you are in the right place at the right time, but in general my last statement seems pretty valid after attending a few auctions.

FYI, my friend charges me 5% commission on the winning bid, what is your going rate Naylor ;)

I think thats it, sorry for the long post haha Happy Bidding!

i'm just going to charge 500 bucks...that covers my time (maybe) and i'm also splitting that cost with my partner.

I have a mechanic lined up to do any repairs, if needed. this is really just something to help fellow members out.

i posted a simple reply in a local nasioc thread in SCIC and I already have 10 guys wanting STi's...

Look out for an 06 M3 convertible for me.

can you email me your contact info Ryan.L.Naylor at gmail.com

i'm pulling the average cost for all the different vehicle requests, to give everyone a budget/max bid they are comfortable with.

I'm out of town until the 13th (Yellowstone!) and won't have internet access, starting on the 1st. I have the average auction prices for everyone. Let me know if you need something right away or if you can wait until I get back. Thanks guys!

• 2 weeks later...

in the mid twenties is what the averages are showing, keep in mind that's before auction fees, tax and license.

couple of things i'm quickly learning...its hard to find one specific color or settle on an absolute price. the best thing to expect is the car to cost right around private party value, but including the tax. so, you typically save a couple grand (if buying from a personal owner) when buying a car that's in the 20k range...you'll save closer to 3-4 grand vs. buying at a dealership.

another thing is that Subies really hold their value in the auctions, pretty impressive.

that's a really good deal. when did he buy it? also, those prices are for a 4wd too. the avg. for an 08 double cab w/ 40k miles shows 28,950 and that's before auction costs, dealer mark up, yadda yadda...

I'm seeing 26k for the last body style M3 low mi. and $40k for an M5 with about 60k mi.

Hmmmm....M5, M5 :D

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

I'm seeing 26k for the last body style M3 low mi. and $40k for an M5 with about 60k mi.

Hmmmm....M5, M5 :D

Get the M5 like I should have. If you are buying one without getting an aftermarket warranty try and get a 2007 with a 6-speed manual. The SMG repair is about $15k.

If you haven't test driven one, don't......unless you plan on buying one because it is that fun!

Archived