LegacyGT.com

Which Vag-Com Cable Works?

wsucoug

I am sorry to ask this question because Im sure it has been asked before but for whatever reason I am incapable of finding it haha. :confused:

Which cable should I buy?

<<<<Details of my car are under my avatar

They all look like they are for audis and VW's. And there are alot of different cables up but none that say they work with subarus.

Looking for VAG-COM and not Tactrix

Tactrix is just too expensive...

Thanks for the help!

None of them work..

Ok so i'm a little bitter and biased ;-) But they are not designed for Subarus, which is why you won't see it printed anywhere. They just "happen" to wok for Subarus. Tactrix, on the other hand, is :-)

Umm, did the two Stickied threads at the top of the Tuning section with "VAG-COM" in their title miss ya? All the info is in there.

And like Keith mentioned he is/was one of the FEW that could not get his VC cable to work.

Umm, did the two Stickied threads at the top of the Tuning section with "VAG-COM" in their title miss ya? All the info is in there.

And like Keith mentioned he is/was one of the FEW that could not get his VC cable to work.

Yep. But after buying the Tactrix and seeing how it works, and the consequences of what could happen if the cable/flash failed, I decided I like being on the safer side. Last thing I want is for a cheap cable to fail in the middle of a flash and then have a bricked ECU.

Just my .02

Ummm Yes I have.

They do not specify which cable to use...

Thanks for trying to be helpful though

Ummm Yes I have.

They do not specify which cable to use...

Thanks for trying to be helpful though

Trying to be helpful getting you to re-read the posts, I would not have posted the smart-azz reply if the info was not within the first 10 posts in either thread hint hint....

Or just spend the $200 for the Tactrix cable, it's a great product and you won't have to rely on e-thugs like me to get it to work! ;)

"VAG-COM USB KKL 409.1 cable for Audi VW OBD2"

Drop that into the ebay search box without the quotes.

My Tactrix cable v1.3 crapped out on me after two years and I resorted to this cable as I already owned it for my Audi. Installed the FTDI drivers and the cable works like a champ for the Legacy.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived