LegacyGT.com

upgrades to make my LGT better looking and faster? help!?

I can't believe how nice everyone is being. Consider yourself lucky. I will tell you what I recomend.......

performance mods:

Search "silencer removal" it's free and gives a little more sound

This will be debated as long as this site is around. Search "hawgzaust" and make your own decision on that.

Up pipe- get an aftermarket. Your factory one has a cat. in it and they have been known to fail.

Down pipe- You can either get an aftermarket or hollow out your stock one. Word of advice use new gaskets!

Cat-back exhaust is if you want more noise.(boxer rumble) The factory one has been tested and performs well.

Intake is debatable. I had one it was cool for a while. You get the "whoosh" effect but they make the car run lean. I went back to stock air box with a drop in filter.

COBB AP (access port) works well if you don't want to mess with a laptop. Plugs into data port and reflashes computer. More expensive than a pro tune but some would say less hassle. A protune is more precise but takes a little more time. If you go protune search "infamous tune" Everyone seems to be happy with him.

Looks...

This can go many differant ways. Go with what you like. Search, search, search.... There is also a free or cheap mods section that has a lot of useful info.

Good Luck and you will be spending countless hours on this web site..

I don't know much about modding, but the OP's posts are painful to read.

2 things,

1 - Iv = I've - punctuation, and an extra letter less than 2 seconds to type.

2 - Spell check is your friend, (Firefox and I believe Chrome do it for you)

I cant speak for everyone else, but I'd be more willing to help if I didn't have to decode your posts.

Not being a jerk, just trying to help.

Thanks -

Adam

P.S. - search more..

The OP is just going to keep on going until people stop feeding him answers. Consider the depth of information available in this community that would be a book if it was all reposted in here. Obviously anything posted in here is just a fraction of what an informed buyer should know. There are threads all over that talk about where to begin. If he cared enough, he would read them.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

It actually was honda and yes stereo, intake, exhaust, cam work, and little bit of head work, suspension. But that crap completely different. Iv been reading tonight. I'm ready to get an APort but dnt get the TDC map everyone loves? Big defference then cobb maps?

You mean you didn't have a body kit!?!? Dude did you at least have an aftermarket rear wing? Front spoiler? Rear diffuser? How the heck did you keep it on the ground? You're crazy dawg.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Before doing anything make sure the engine is healthy. With some probability that isn't too low to discount, given that you seem to have bought the car without any research, you might have bought a car that recently blew a turbo, got fixed, and is just waiting to blow the engine again. So I suggest you read up on that first.

Blakoutscoob

If you want to lower your car. get the oem suspension of an outback. that should lower your car about 1 in front/rear.

No really if you want info from us share with us info on your previous car.

What model honda? Mod list? Did you drag or autox? Pix?

Street racing is tabo here so dont mention anything about it.

Stickers. Put them everywhere.

Side note - When I jumped into the LGT world, I searched my ass off because I'm not new to the car forum games like the OP. That being said, if you know how to use the search function, it's great. Using google for site searching can DIAF.

:nono: He doesn't even need to search!!!! :spin:

That's the entire reason this post below was put in the New Members section. ;)

Okay, let's put this to bed:

BEFORE YOU POST AGAIN, PLEASE READ THIS ALL-IN-ONE POST FOR NEW MEMBERS.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I don't know much about modding, but the OP's posts are painful to read.

2 things,

1 - Iv = I've - punctuation, and an extra letter less than 2 seconds to type.

2 - Spell check is your friend, (Firefox and I believe Chrome do it for you)

I cant speak for everyone else, but I'd be more willing to help if I didn't have to decode your posts.

Not being a jerk, just trying to help.

Thanks -

Adam

P.S. - search more..

For someone harping on grammar, specifically the use of an apostrophe in a contraction such as "I've", you forgot the apostrophe in "can't"

:lol::lol::lol:

Dman. I researched it to that extent. An elderly couple had it and the turbo and all that is very healthy along with the engine. Iv researched them a lot in general just not serious modding but since tlkin with yall, its helped a lot. Gettin ready to purchase AP with DP and then get cb exhaust with UP and all that for stage 2.

Side note - When I jumped into the LGT world, I searched my ass off because I'm not new to the car forum games like the OP. That being said, if you know how to use the search function, it's great. Using google for site searching can DIAF.

Yes, don't do something that works very well and doesn't have a learning curve. That makes sense... only girly men use Google... what other sage info can you lend while you're at it.

OP, if you drive your car, you're probably going to hurt it. You should make it into a show car and drive it around on a flat bed to different shows. That way you don't have to start the engine. Mad JDM girls are going to want you if you have a trick show car...

BTW did your Honda have v-tec?

Yes, don't do something that works very well and doesn't have a learning curve. That makes sense... only girly men use Google... what other sage info can you lend while you're at it.

Add a "+" if you want to search just t...

Ah, forget it.

I understand modding trust me. ..Iv looked into the AP and is it good to get it first. Budget is not a problem.

That Infamous1 tunes have been mentioned and you STILL want to get an AP and have NO idea if different tunes make a difference means...

DONT MOD YOUR FREAKING CAR. STOP POSTING AND START READING.:spin:

Better throw on your search suit cause you're gonna need it. Go to the members rides forum and look. Then search til your eyes are gonna bleed. We can tell you what we think is cool, but it's your car. In a couple months you'll realize this comment isn't mean :)

for god sake, tell him to do whatever but NOT PUTTING SOAP ON HIS INTERCOOLER!

K what you do is go out west somewhere. There's a really good tuner but the only way to reach him is to drive into/off the Grand Canyon or any similar cliff (he moves around, you might have to try multiple canyons). At the bottom you will meet the holy grail of Subaru tuners and he will give you 1299234983ZOMG!94823 hp.

Oh dear........the poor bastard doesn't even realize the hungry lions are circling..............I can almost taste the blood about to be spilled.

:). :). :)

Do it right the first time.........or don't bother doing it at all.

Archived