LegacyGT.com

Seeking for a Legacy for photo shoot/2009-2010 preffered

macdarwin

Found it on Nasioc

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2002304

Rotora is a worldwide aftermarket designer and manufacturer of high performance braking systems and components including racing calipers, cast iron, and ceramic composite brake discs, stainless steel braided brake hoses and pads ranging from street performance to racing & high-performance upgrades.

Previously established as an Original Equipment Manufacturer of aftermarket brake components (including OEM aftermarket calipers, brake discs, drums, and pads) in the 1980’s, Rotora utilized its technical and production knowledge to offer motorsport enthusiasts affordable high performance brake upgrade systems. As racing enthusiasts, the founding partners of Rotora share the same passion and dream: to develop an uncompromising braking system to meet and exceed all required brake performance specifications in the severest conditions of all motorsport fields. This drive towards higher innovative braking solutions not only involves exploring new materials and new technologies, but also the research in vehicle dynamics to achieve the greatest balance between efficiency, stability, reliability, and controllability.

Through rigorous research, design, engineering, along with extensive road and track testing to produce the most innovative and cost effective brake systems and components available on and off road, Rotora’s high-quality and specifications are maintained through strict ISO quality control in Rotora’s production facility, which assures that every component meet worldwide ISO quality and safety standards. Rotora has received TÜV certification on certain vehicles models and will continue its verification on future model offerings through TÜV.

With a worldwide sales network, Rotora manages all phases of development from conceptual design, development, testing, machining, quality control, distribution, and customer service support in Rotora’s manufacturing facility in Southern California, USA. Today, the company continues to manufacture a wide variety of high performance brake upgrade systems and components for the Domestic, Import, European, and Truck/SUV applications.

2005-2010 Subaru Legacy (2.5 GT Turbo,3.0R LTD) Rotora Street Challenge Brake System

Front: 6 Piston 355x32mm

Rear: 4 Piston 330x30mm

We are seeking a 2005-2010 Subaru Legacy (2.5 GT Turbo or 3.0R LTD) 2009-2010 preffered for photo shoot (up coming 2011 Catalog), there are some qualifications, so please read the following before sending us a PM or email:

1.Your vehicle must be a show quality with aftermarket wheels.

2. We will need your car for one full day for the install and photo shoot.

3. The complete 4 wheel Street Challenge Brake System will not be free, but will be at a substantial discount from retail. And they will be installed for you free of charge!

4. You live or willing to travel to the Chino Hills, California area to drop off your vehicle to begin this process.

If your answer is "yes" to all of the above 4 questions, please PM, email or call us.

I may have left something out, but will try to update this thread when possible.

Noel

Rotora,Inc.

(909)590-1712

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm. What is "substantial discount?" Plus I dont want them touching my car. I have a "show" car. I built it myself. No way are some yokums touching my ride to install brakes. Not after what Forman did.

Maybe I will contact them. Maybe not, lol. I was going with StopTech anyway.

Besides destroy a bunch of parts by over torquing them on reinstall? You mean my botched clutch install? You mean the botched uppipe install he did I had to fix?

Damm sorry to hear that, msprank. Shitty stuff. Besides my personal tech friend, I no longer let anyone else touch my rides either. Been there

My Legz iz no sh0w car in any case, but offer sounds interesting

lol @ show quality.

95% of the legacies in socal look the same. mine included.

can probalby count on one hand the amount of legacies that dont have the oem bumper.

car for sale. PM me!

Bumpers dont make a show car, lol.

I might still have an OEM bumper... but what about the $2k custom REAL CF interior I have. Or all the CF exterior pieces I have (grill, hood scoop, eye liners, tail light strips, rear reflector covers, mirror covers, front lip, rear lip. Or the fact that you can put mirrors under my car because I polish EVERYTHING. How about my engine? Just pulled the ENTIRE bulkhead wiring harness and re-loomed it to match all the blue silicone. Show cars are not just about body kits. My car is getting prepped as if it was going to SEMA. JDM conversion might be in the works, might not. I dont think a bumper is going to make my car, lol.

Good Luck to whoever takes the offer. I am gun shy about them touching my car. Too much invested already to be worried about a discount on brakes. I can get a discount elsewhere.

I was actually guessing and IMHO 5k for brakes is a little ridiculous. Maybe I'm just po?:lol:

yeah man, 5k is over kill for sure. However, that's probably why we don't see a lot of 6/4 piston combo bbks on our leggies..usually, 4/2 or mainly just fronts.

6/4 is WAY overkill. But so is $2800 for that brand, lol. I will take my 4/2 ST anyday over those.

You are right G. They are nuts. Let them use your car for a marketing campaign photo-shoot and you get a ... discount. WTF? Pay a brother.

Bumpers dont make a show car, lol.

the difference is, u cant get past the fact that from 10 feet out all our cars look the same.

look up slug6er's car. then look at everyone else's car. your car, my car doesnt matter.

car for sale. PM me!

at any rate, looks like they'll be lucky to find any legacy, much less a "show" quality car.

so jokes on them. good luck, suckers!

however, i've known 2 people that've had the rotora kits and they said the feel better than the brembos. go figure.

car for sale. PM me!

Brembos are nothing special. They are "cheapo" Brembos. OEM Brembos and Tourismo kits are NOT the same as a race Brembo set up. Its like Mercedes, here in the US they are luxury, in Germany they make diesel trucks and taxi cabs.

Can not compare really. Its not apples to apples.

Brembos are nothing special. They are "cheapo" Brembos. OEM Brembos and Tourismo kits are NOT the same as a race Brembo set up. Its like Mercedes, here in the US they are luxury, in Germany they make diesel trucks and taxi cabs.

Can not compare really. Its not apples to apples.

wait i was comparing the sti brembos to rotoras. are u saying the rotoras are vastly superior? i would argue that most people have a higher opinion of the brembos. which is why it's notable that the rotoras might actually FEEL better. they're in a similar product niche for the people that upgrade to them... imo

jose (jsalicru) test fit the rotoras on his lgt back in the day. he's driven a bunch of setups and says his rotoras are better in feel (other braking metrics, he did not say) than the sti brembos. i respect his opinion. thats all i wanted to convey...

car for sale. PM me!

Archived