LegacyGT.com

How many miles on Tires?

Hey Guys-

I am curious to find out how many miles I can expect to get out of the stock Yokohama Advan A8Z tires that came on my Legacy 2.5i limited. I understand that tire mileage can vary drastically depending on the driver, conditions, tire pressure ect.., but I wanted to see how the tires held up on your particular car. My wife will be mainly driving the car and will be very easy on them. I am coming from owning 2 previous Audi's and I never made it past 18k miles before replacing (alignment was always fine, evenly worn). Each time I bought new tires, I complained about the mileage, I was told several times that AWD is a big factor for chewing through tires. Not sure if there is any merit to that statement. So, what are your experiences?

2.5i Legacy here also.

Replaced the stock tires at less than 20k on the clock. Tires had a little life in them, but they weren't looking great.

Stock tires have a UTQG of 160, which is really low. You don't need a hi performance tire like that with just a 2.5i. Go with a higher mileage tire and rotate/inflate them properly, and you'll have good results.

Turbo cars, of course, would probably want to stick with a higher perfomance tire.

• 2 weeks later...
The stock tires on my 2.5i (Yoko Advan A82a) are below 5mm of tread depth at 25k miles. I will replace them with a new set of Continental ExtremeContact DWS before the snow flies this fall/winter. The OEM Yokos are an Ultra High Performance AS tire that is pretty soft so getting 30k miles out of them is pretty good.

I was going to say the same thing ^

I'm also looking at the same tire. DWS's.

Plan on getting new tires before the winter set's in.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

With ultra-high performance summer rubber it's easy to wear through them that quickly.

Assuming the '08 Spec B. gets the RE050A tires like the 07 Spec.B does, that's still a pretty damn short lifespan. Either you guys drive your car really hard or I don't drive my car hard enough (and I'm guessing it's the latter) since I got over 20k out of my OEM tires :lol:

You also have to take into consideration what the other users consider "worn out". To some that is to the wear bars and beyond, to others that is less than 6mm of tread depth (the required amount for decent snow traction). It is generally not recommended to run tires down to the wear bars as wet traction is pretty much non-existent at that level. I always replace mine when they get down to between 6-4mm depending on the season.

Archived