LegacyGT.com

5 months later, only drove 2770 miles. Should I change my synthetic oil??

I would contact Amsoil to see if they ship internationally & the cost. Then you can work out the yearly cost of buying the oil & filter where you live every 4 mos. And the cost of amsoil & oil filter every 6mos. or 1yr. depending on which oil you choose. Has the banjo filter screens go. I would change them out every 60k like I do.

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP: I'm surprised you said "dang" to the yr, and not the 17.5k miles part!

Age wont matter unless your car is the maid of the mist

My parents highlander is on a 10k oci with synthetic, which will work OUT to about a year, but surely won't be changed until 10k miles have hit regardless of the age.

OP: I'm surprised you said "dang" to the yr, and not the 17.5k miles part!

Actually, I meant for both the yr and the huge amount of miles. That's impressive.

I would contact Amsoil to see if they ship internationally & the cost. Then you can work out the yearly cost of buying the oil & filter where you live every 4 mos. And the cost of amsoil & oil filter every 6mos. or 1yr. depending on which oil you choose. Has the banjo filter screens go. I would change them out every 60k like I do.

I have actually bought a case of oem filters (12). So for now, I'd only look at oil cost. Did you mean to get rid of the banjo bolt filters? did you do so? How many are there actually TOTAL? So far, only aware of two.

No, I have replace them every 60k. Some people just get rid of them. That's up to you. There's only two.

The extended drain is for using their oil & filter together. Their filters filters down to 15 microns. Most other filters are 25 & up.

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Are ya thinking with your dipstick JIMMY? You can go at least 5 K as long as you have a good filter. AND you check the oil, are you buring oil? if so there is a problem.. if not.. hey,(syth.) you should use some (about.25 qt per 3k) and then add some for safety. Sont want to waste a good turbo...

Archived