LegacyGT.com

Steering wheel problem, anyone have this issue?

1. Problem only occurs when your trying to park or coming out of a park stall.

2. As you apply the brake to turn into the stall, the wheel seems to vibrate and feels little bit stiffer to turn into. (it almost feels like it's not letting me turn the wheel, forcing it makes it feel like it's going to crack or some sort)

3. Same sort of things happens when trying to back out of a stall. The steering wheel tends to vibrate a bit and make a screeching noise. Not that loud though.

4. While driving normally on the road the steering wheel is not center, veer little bit to the right and also vibrate at high speed (140km+)

Other then that it drives fine.

5. This car has never been in an accident either.

PS. Any help or suggestion would be much appreciated, Thanks

2005 - SWP 2.5GT - Leggy

Kool, i'll give that a try, is the power steering fluid locked on the driver side closer towards the firewall correct. As of alignment wise, that can be an issue. Because I have not got an alignment ever since i stalled the new suspension and rims.

cars will drift to the right for the following reasons:

1. roads are designed with a rake to the right... this allows for drainage when wet.

2. tire pressure might be off

3. alignment is bad

Vibration at highway speed through steering wheel is 99% of the time due to the balancing of the front wheels. get your wheels balanced they may be missing weights.

When your trying to park or leaving the stall are you moving? or are you cranking the steering wheel? If your not moving and your cranking your wheel this puts a lot of pressure on the power steering pump and is also very bad for it. Its also a good way to put flat spots on your tires. Are you cranking your steering wheel all the way to lock? this also is very bad for your power steering pump and is not recommended at all.

I hope this helps.

Archived