LegacyGT.com

Diesel Outback?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every time I visit the forums I see this tread and get excited that there's some new discussion about Subaru doing a 180 and deciding to bring us a diesel. It took me until just now to realize that this is just the only thread in the new Outback section!

• 3 weeks later...

Blue Dragon- Very nice choice the BMW 3.0 diesel in any one of the many BMW chassis. Torque Baby.....

My daily driver of 4 years is a MY06 VW Jetta 1.9 diesel coupled to a DSG (twin manual-auto gearbox) and with the abundant torque of the diesel and its high MPG making for an enjoyable comuter car. The solid MV5 VW chassis doesn't hurt either.

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

That Baby must scoot... The way a torquey modern day turbo diesel drives is the catch. Its a different kind of FAST coupled wth respectable MPG figures. My VW TDI just hit 4years old and 82K miles and the few maintenence items which are absent with a gas'er will cost about $600 to $700 or so. That said, the Bean counters can argue this way and that about the cost metric's surrounding Diesel vs Gas ownership. Gimme a BMW 3.0tt turbo diesel any-ole-day-of-the-week. (just install mine in the 5 series sedan - road trip Baby)

I'm just saying...........

Cheers, Mike

|`94 E-Class Coupe |`98 Carrera 993 C2S |`14 Cayman S |`20 Outback Touring XT | All Debadged |

Archived