LegacyGT.com

Can someone tell me what this button is for?

2006 Legacy 2.5 Special Edition, can anyone tell me what this button is for? I am just curious. Every time someone gets in my car they ask me what it is... I have no idea. Possibly something to do with the climate control? It is located on the dash just behind the passenger's windshield wiper.

IMG00044-20100529-0837.thumb.jpg.f389e4ad63e51d0a35a7011bebc97c92.jpg

ever see 2 fast 2 furious? if your passenger gets rowdy or annoying just reach over and press that little button...

really! its in your manual! you HAVE read your manual.. right?

I believe those things are typically light sensors that allow the vehicle to determine when to turn on/off the headlights? Someone correct me if I am [most likely] wrong...

I've heard they are sensors for the climate control system. I could have been told wrong too. Either way our climate control SUCKS. Has anyone ever used the "auto" feature? It's awful.

I've heard they are sensors for the climate control system. I could have been told wrong too. Either way our climate control SUCKS. Has anyone ever used the "auto" feature? It's awful.

Maybe. I thought the sensors for the climate control were usually located on the center stack and "aimed" out towards the two front passengers to gauge temps that way. Easy way to find out. Someone cover it up and see if your headlights go on, lol.

Thanks for the quick answers.. I don't think it has anything to do with the headlights. In my particular car, they do not turn on by themselves. And yes, the climate control is awful (especially transitioning from an Audi). I thumbed through the Owners Manual and didn't see anything jump out at me, so if anyone knows, I would greatly appreciate it.

Yea, some people like to talk on technical terms.

Yes that's the auto temp sensor.

Yes I told the dealer after the first couple of weeks, back in July 04 how bad the Auto setting is. There reply, Yea, we know that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Air Traffic Control? I didn't know our cars were that advanced... :D

Yours isn't :eek:

Thought everyone would figure out Automatic Temperature Control. This is a sunload sensor, not a temp sensor.

Archived