LegacyGT.com

When are the '11 GT's coming out?

km580

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know I'd love to see what would happen if I started trolling the 05-09 forum with useless comments like that. Actually I already know, I'd probably get another one of those nice PMs saying some crap about a warning. Seriously, stop with the useless bashing of the fifth gen, it's retarded. If you don't like the new car, STFU and stay out of the thread.

To the OP-

I'd imagine they'll start showing up in the next month or so.

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

MikeNH,

Thanks for carrying the flag on pushing back the 4th geners on several threads. It's totaly destructive how negative some of the statements are. Have owned 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation. I've enjoyed them all. Bottom line, this is my 5th Subaru and it's the best one so far. PERIOD THE BEST.

On a funnier note, just ignore this Spec B guy. He's just a little over protective because his car weights more and is underpowered compared to the 5th gen. :lol:

You know I'd love to see what would happen if I started trolling the 05-09 forum with useless comments like that. Actually I already know, I'd probably get another one of those nice PMs saying some crap about a warning. Seriously, stop with the useless bashing of the fifth gen, it's retarded. If you don't like the new car, STFU and stay out of the thread.

To the OP-

I'd imagine they'll start showing up in the next month or so.

very well.:)

MikeNH,

Thanks for carrying the flag on pushing back the 4th geners on several threads. It's totaly destructive how negative some of the statements are. Have owned 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th generation. I've enjoyed them all. Bottom line, this is my 5th Subaru and it's the best one so far. PERIOD THE BEST.

On a funnier note, just ignore this Spec B guy. He's just a little over protective because his car weights more and is underpowered compared to the 5th gen. :lol:

I didn't really want to argue, but 22HP, 17Ft.lbs., and 66 more lbs of curb weight is negligible considering the better suspension, interior, transmission, and just plain simply......character. I understand the new legacy trumps it as far as spaciousness is concerned, but to each his own. Enjoy your car because it's yours, but be careful when saying one car is better than another. thank you. I've had both 1st Gen, and 4th.......Did I say character? :lol: Let the fireworks fly!!!

On a lighter note.......look for August. That's about when we expect them around my lot. :)

OK thanks. I love my '05 w/ stage 2 mods and I'm not overly thrilled with the exterior of the '10s but I like the interior and if they go with a CF treatment, it may sway me buy one. From what I've read here, the people who have a '10 are very happy with the performance and with the stage on map they are even happier. I will have to drive one to be sure, I would like a little more room for trips and such. My other issue is either trade my '05 or try to sell it.

Fat people are hard to kidnap!!!

I didn't really want to argue, but 22HP, 17Ft.lbs., and 66 more lbs of curb weight is negligible considering the better suspension, interior, transmission, and just plain simply......character. I understand the new legacy trumps it as far as spaciousness is concerned, but to each his own. Enjoy your car because it's yours, but be careful when saying one car is better than another. thank you. I've had both 1st Gen, and 4th.......Did I say character? :lol: Let the fireworks fly!!!

Hey, it's all good. I was careful to state the 5th gen is the best Subaru I have owned. The Spec B is a fantastic Subaru that is heavily optioned. Hey, I may have picked one up over the 5th gen if there was one on the lot back in December.

I would not be surprised if some 2011 preorders come in in July.

• 4 weeks later...
we got some 2011's in this week. the only difference i see is the folding mirrors, and the outrageous price.

You guys got in 2011 GTs? I'd be interested in some pics of the interior with the new seats and CF-look trim, as I've yet to see a single shot of the interior anywhere yet.

-Ronald Reagan

I doubt it. the few '10 GT's we had on the lot sat forever before being sold. I don't think the demand is there. if there were a spec b, they'd probably crest the $40k mark. we shall see though.

I wonder where they're going because I've still yet to see another GT around here. Only other one I saw was in Michigan a few months back. Given the limited availability I wonder how many people even know about the model beyond Subaru people. I mean the only commercial they've had was the trying too hard to be cute one with the little boy. And they they don't even mention it's turbocharged, just the hoodscoop. :lol:

-Ronald Reagan

I doubt it. the few '10 GT's we had on the lot sat forever before being sold. I don't think the demand is there. if there were a spec b, they'd probably crest the $40k mark. we shall see though.

The demand would be there if they came out with a Legacy STi or even a newer Spec.B. I usually get a new car every couple of years but have decided to keep my '08 after a couple of extended test drives of the '10 LGT.

The demand would be there if they came out with a Legacy STi or even a newer Spec.B. I usually get a new car every couple of years but have decided to keep my '08 after a couple of extended test drives of the '10 LGT.

I agree with shtbxr22 on the price and honestly I don't think a Subaru in the upper $30k range will sell here. I'd love it, but that's beyond my budget. In the end even if there were a nicer/faster Legacy if I had say $38k to spend on a car I probably wouldn't be stopping at a Subaru dealer.

-Ronald Reagan

If the demand was there, the Spec B or an STi would be available. Why do you think the Mazdaspeed 3 continued despite Mazda never really offering more than a 2 or 3 year run of Mazdaspeed models?

Special/limited editions are just that. Throw something at the wall and see what sticks. The Spec B never did -- it doesn't make it a bad car, it just makes it a car that they're not going to profit from.

Here in the US the Legacy has become the Camry alternative - the GT is in nowhere land 'marketing-wise' now.

By contrast, The "Liberty" GT in Australia still is marketed as the lower cost Audi/BMW alternative.

Archived