LegacyGT.com

I'm looking to replace my spark plugs in my legacy. i would like to go aftermarket. Any ideas on what is better then subaru parts? I'm also going to replace wires. Ideas?

I'm going to replace them myself, which is my first time doing this on my suby. is there anything else that i need to know before doing this?

thanks.

Our cars actually run a coil on plug ignition system, so you don't have to replace the wires. As for spark plugs, I would suggest sticking with oem plugs even though you are interested in running aftermarket.

http://www.sparkplugs.com/more_info.asp?AAIA=&pid=17366

A lot of cars are picky about spark plugs, so I just tend to stick with oem to avoid any issues. Aftermarket plugs really won't do much for you anyways, except possibly extend the time between changes depending on what you get.

Our cars actually run a coil on plug ignition system, so you don't have to replace the wires. As for spark plugs, I would suggest sticking with oem plugs even though you are interested in running aftermarket.

http://www.sparkplugs.com/more_info.asp?AAIA=&pid=17366

A lot of cars are picky about spark plugs, so I just tend to stick with oem to avoid any issues. Aftermarket plugs really won't do much for you anyways, except possibly extend the time between changes depending on what you get.

Maybe the LGTs but the 2.5i are still coil and wire configured. There are no aftermarkets plugs that will run better than your stock ones so I would not spend any more money than you need to on that replacement part. Some people run iridium some run copper it preference and each has it pros and cons. NO plug will give you more power in the EJ253.

Wires i am not sure but again stock is good. :)

thanks for the write up GEE-OTTO, and all the info. how did the NGK double platinum plugs work out for you?

Fine i change my plugs every 30K so they will never be in there long enough to foul on me :) Next time I may try Copper NGK's I hear they work just as well

I have the NGK Iridium plugs (BKR5EIX-11) and NGK wires (RC-FX101 stock #55004). I didn't notice a difference from stock, but I didn't expect to...

hahaha yup when dealing with the 2.5i Dont expect anything :lol:

Hey, not sure if you've done the plugs yet, but I have some 2.5i plugs that were sent to me by mistake when I ordered plugs online a couple of weeks ago. New, unused. Let me know if you want them, i'll give you a good deal.

• 1 month later...

blah i never trust pre gapped plugs, especialy if they are 2 bucks a pop. I still cannot find the part number for v-powers for the ej253

Im thinking its either BKR5E-11 or BKR6E-11

i think its .44 for the gap

i dont know i just always found them to be very relaiable and i never had spark blow out issues with them like i did the iridiums, but being the car is not boosted i dont think i need to worry about that. just used them for years and kinda stuck with them, but if they dont make them for this motor than ill just get whatever stock is.

i dont know i just always found them to be very relaiable and i never had spark blow out issues with them like i did the iridiums, but being the car is not boosted i dont think i need to worry about that. just used them for years and kinda stuck with them, but if they dont make them for this motor than ill just get whatever stock is.

I never use Iridium myself only what the book calls for (with this car anyway) I hear good things about the copper NGK's they may work well for you

Hey i should also correct myself they dont make V powers for us but they do make the G power, Irid, and obviously double plat laser cuts.

The number starting with BK or BX (i forget) are the Iridium plugs made for our engines

Archived