LegacyGT.com

Coming Up Next!!!!

HFSDevil

Just picked this up from my friend. He is upgrading his , so he gave me his old on (yes that means free :D )

http://home.comcast.net/~samur_devil/turbo.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~samur_devil/turbo2.jpg

Its from a Turbo-II RX-7 (2nd generation). This is before the twin-turbo version came out so it's bigger then the turbos in the 3rd generation RX-7s. I just picked it up today so I need to totally clean it out and figure out if I am going to get a top-mout or front-mount intercooler.

I have a friend that is going to do custom piping for me, just gotta figure out the type of insteall im going to do.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Soon my Legacy will be one to definetely brag about :)

2002 Subaru Legacy L (Retired)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

Has about 50,000 miles on the turbo. There is barely ANY shaft play at all. More like none. I plan on taking it all apart and possibly rebuilding it if it is nasty on the inside.

2002 Subaru Legacy L (Retired)

2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT

Good luck making it fit. I suppose if you can get the flange off the TII exhaust manifold you could fab an uppipe. Just get the whole turbo inspected, cause they are prone to cracking along with the exhaust Manifold due to the enormous amounts of heat rotaries put out. You will have to use a FC DP and fab it to mate up with the remaining exhaust. Will also have to wait of fab up piping for a FMIC. Good luck
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

I SERIOUSLY doubt that turbo will be any good for your car. It was made for what is probably a 1.3L rotary engine that produces flow that is insanely different than your 2.5L H-4....

Talk to someone who knows what they are doing.....

<--- waits for either this guy's RX7 turbo and/or blown engine to end up on ebay....

Moderators, you guys are pretty on point when it comes to editing/deleting posts that contain expletives/profanity or are considered generally offensive. While I do find this thread amusing on several levels, is there some sort of system that can be established that indicates to the less informed that said poster hasn't a freakin' clue what he is doing and any attempts to take him seriously might result in a serious case of WTF-did-I-just-do-to-my-car-itis?

There seems to be a whole lot of this going around these days. The trend seems to be that the poster:

1) Is young

2) Is inexperienced

3) Can't edit his own posts for clarity of thought, punctuation, or grammar

4) Is seeking approval for attempting to pull off the impossible, as some here tend to applaud any modification made, regardless of the consequences (poor performance, obnoxiously loud, parts breaking, etc.)

5) Misquotes information gleaned from other messageboards (as if most are worth a damn) as a backing source of proof that they have any idea of what they're talking about

6) Gets immediately defensive that their plan is not completely half-baked, as: "my friend did this to his <insert car here> and it worked great (until the engine threw a rod, head gasket blew, tire exploded, wheel bearing failed, etc.)

So, what do you say? Some sort of icon to accompany the original post like a big warning triangle?

So, what do you say? Some sort of icon to accompany the original post like a big warning triangle?

Here ya go:

Avoid posts with this notation:

Thread started by: HF|Devil

Try - 'Rate Thread' at the top of the page. This allows you to select one to five stars for how helpful you think the thread is. We need to leave it at that, unless things get out of hand with a post. Remember - this is the internet - not everything you read is absolutely true and a person's time on the board, post count, expertise (or lack thereof), and helpfulness with posts will clearly show through.

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/images/smilies/thumb-up.gif

Fair 'nuff.

BTW, I just bought a Vortex S-trim supercharcherer off of my firend. His Mustagn engine blowed up and he needs $$$ to fix it so I got it cheep and Im going to run in parralel to my turbo chrger and get forced indection on both ends, in n' out! Does NE1 know hwat injectors and fuel pump I should run so i dont lean out my legacy cause i don't want to void the warrenty?

NE1?

Fair 'nuff.

BTW, I just bought a Vortex S-trim supercharcherer off of my firend. His Mustagn engine blowed up and he needs $$$ to fix it so I got it cheep and Im going to run in parralel to my turbo chrger and get forced indection on both ends, in n' out! Does NE1 know hwat injectors and fuel pump I should run so i dont lean out my legacy cause i don't want to void the warrenty?

NE1?

blowed up? are you SURE you living in LA?....and i don't mean "Lower Alabama" :lol:

back on topic...nice to see everyone bash someone who thinks outside of the box (even if it is way outside the box)...

Kenda

blowed up? are you SURE you living in LA?....and i don't mean "Lower Alabama" :lol:

back on topic...nice to see everyone bash someone who thinks outside of the box (even if it is way outside the box)...

Kenda

Bwhahahahah!!!

I haven't heard anyone outside of Alabama use the term LA :)

If everything works out and you install this turbo then make sure you get engine mangement.

You may very well destroy the resale value of you L since it's relatively new.

If it was me and more speed was the goal I'd sell the L and buy a used but well maintained WRX.

Good luck.

Dave.

Fair 'nuff.

NE1?

ROFL :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Parousia

At least someone got the joke :)

As far as bashing someone for thinking outside the box, I would argue that there wasn't much thought that went into the original concept in the first place. Taking someone's old and tired stock RX7 II turbo, which will not support more than 275-285HP (in good condition), and trying to fab up the plumbing and engine management to get it to perform at a level comparable to a reflashed LGT with an uppipe to me reeks of foolishness. Who cares if it was free? If someone gave you a crusty front mount intercooler from a Saab 900 for free, would you spend time and energy to make it fit your 2005 Legacy for questionnable gains? Politely wishing the poster good luck will probably encourage him to actually try and tackle this very unneccessary project.

There are several turbo options available to Legacy owners who wish to build on the existing platform. This isn't one of them.

Archived