LegacyGT.com

Legacy Turbo Parts Wanted

Just an FYI, the "Chimney" doesn't exist. The first gen hood scoop was non-functional. The intake isn't under the hood. Some fabrication could get you a functional hood scoop, but it wasn't factory. The fourth gen was the first GT that had a functioning scoop (I think). The first gen (As far as I know) just had the scoop for looks. The intake is located elsewhere, probably in the same location as the N/A cars.

:)

u are completely wrong^^^^^

the first gen hood scoops are not for looks. they feed air to the chimney thats bolted to the turbo.

the GT scoops were just for looks. actually all the hood scoops on the subarus unless they are turbo from the factory are just for looks.

btw, i have all those parts and then some. but shipping the hood might be a bit much.

check here.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-91-legacy-ss-5mt-engines-and-more-138653.html?p=2967591

Hey,

First, thanks for the correction; there's a lot of misinformation about the early cars. I am particularly interested in the block of three valves that sits on the passenger strut tower, as well as the IAC valve on the intake, and any intact intake parts (boots, coffee can, etc). And of course the chimney for the turbo. Intact hoses are always useful, too. What do you suppose shipping would be on a hood?

idk, i actually just got a call from a friend. he might take the hood. but shipping... pfft. better off going to legacycentral.org alot of those guys live in the western area and it might be easier and cheaper to get one instead of shipping a hood across country and risking getting damaged.

Archived