LegacyGT.com

Some EJ25 systems/headers can be made to fit, but only if you have a welder and a tubing bender. The header flanges bolt right up, but the pipes don't line up under the car. Nevermind how much of a pain in the ass it is to get the bolts that hold the headers out. If you break a stud, you're going to be kicking yourself for days.

Your best bet would be to take the car to a custom exhaust shop. They will get you a system with exactly what you're looking for, and it will be an exact fit. There are people out there who have modified EJ25 systems to fit on the EJ22, but like I said, the pipes don't line up to the rest of the exhaust.

Just a tip, if you want to maintain that distinct boxer rumble, have them make you unequal length headers. The car will sound like an STi without the blow off valve by the time you're done.

borla headers fit, but ive been told the ebay ones work just fine. but since u have a n/a, i wouldnt bother. a nice 2.5 inch catback will be just fine. and no they dont make aftermarket exhausts for this car. everything is custom. u can use any impreza exhaust but it will need to be extended about 6 inches. or just get a catback from a turbo legacy and ur all set.

also, i have a complete TBE. i sent u the link in the other thread.

A TBE is a "Turbo Back Exhaust". Similar to a cat back exhaust, only it contains everything you need to go from the turbo, all the way to the tailpipe.

Since your car is NA, you're probably only going to need parts from the TBE, since the entire front half of the TBE is different. Once you get passed the first cat I think it's the same though.

its the same. thats why u extend it about 6 inches. the legacy chassis is longer. this way the hangers line up. remember, subies are like legos. pretty much any mechanical part from 1989 to 2007 will fit, or with a lil custom work of course.

Possibly. It may be that the flanges (I believe this is the word I'm looking for) that connect them are at different angles in which case you'll need an adapter that has the capabilities of connecting both flanges. Not sure what years this was, but I know this can be a complication on some Subaru's of certain years.

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f14/t132823-ms3-exhaust-adapters-group-buy-ii.html

Archived