LegacyGT.com

valve job advice

so my check engine light goes on

i check the gas cap still on

go see the dealer he says i am pushing about 70 compression and i need a top end job

question at 67000 miles insnt this early for a 2006 lgt to need this work?

went to stage 2 did that cuase premature wear?

i

search "Cracked Ring Land"

and goto another stealership ASAP

STG2 in itself won't cause it, use of OTS maps and/or no logging can

hmm, lost some capital letters and a period or three somewhere....

Is the stealership going to cover this. if not ask around the local repair shop's to find a good machine shop who will do the rebuilding.

This is pretty much normal work and can be done by most competent repair shops.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If your doing this yourself. Talk with Mark Eastwood at Eastwoods Auto Machine in Somersville. 860 749 2903 http://www.eastwoodsautomachine.com

They do a lot of import work and work for a lot of dealers around here. Even dealers in Hartford send there stuff up to him.

You can tell him the guy with the yellow honda civic sent you. They are old family friends.

Pulling it apart, is another thing, is that something your going to do? I have a trailer if you need help moving it.

I have also had good customer service from Mike at http://www.TuningAlliance.com he's in W.Springfield MA for your tuning needs.

Sounds like you may have some burnt valves ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived