LegacyGT.com

Borla

GTStage2

I know there is a thread that has many exhaust sounds posted and there are a few borla clips but non of them are of moving vehicles. Can anyone just let me know how the borla sounds compared to a Perrin mid/y with stock cans? I am thinking of going with this exhaust because I want something louder than what I have already (the perrin mid/y stock cans). Thanks in advance for your help!

I am currently running stage 2 with the COBB access port, COBB catted down, STI up. Snow05gtri I have been looking for cans forever but I just can't justify paying close to 6 or 7 hundred for just cans when I can get a full exhaust for around the same price!

Lgtgirl06. I have heard a few and they do sound great, but once again it's only when the car is sitting, when in motion they may sound different? The obnoxiousness may not bother me!!! The Legacy puts out a beautiful sound! I ran my car for a short time with just the Perrin mid/y and loved the sound, just a bit too loud and risky!!

It's all about your own preference. I have gotten compliments on how it sounds at idle and in motion. We did video a few drive byes from my phone and unfortunately I cant upload them for some reason. I will have to do them in a smaller res. I also am running the Cobb catted DP.

Booze thanks but the SPT is actually too quite for what i'm looking for. I appreciate the looking out though!

Lgtgirl the COBB dp is for the win! I would really like to get my hands on some COBB cans or full exhaust but they are impossible to come bye. In your picture it looks like your running a front mount, if so did you upgrade your turbo at all?

it sounds great when you get on it. i've gotten lots of compliments.

here are two videos i have been meaning to put up...short clips of the car moving

Mods:

Borla CBE

Cobb Catted DP

Grimmspeed UP

Grimmspeed PnPnC Manifolds and Crossover pipe

AEM CAI

Perrin TMIC

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1HJVHbom6M]YouTube- 2005 Subaru Legacy GT second gear sound clip Borla CBE[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yUnvKh6d_c]YouTube- 2005 Subaru Legacy GT sound clip Borla CBE[/ame]

Not moving but this is what it might sound like with similar mods. The change in DP seems to make the whole system louder.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUZas4O39ig]YouTube- Borla Catback, GTSpec Header & Uppipe, Invidia HFC Downpipe[/ame]

i love my borla too, but i actually think it's quieter than what i had expected. which is fine with me. i have an invidia UP and DP and the borla CBE.

actually, snow...when are you free these days? i'm meeting up with paul in a few weeks, but would like to compare your sound with mine. sorry a little OT.

Thanks for all the posts guys. Mrjk my fear is that it will be too quite as well. I am currently running a cobb dp, perrin mdi/y with stock cans and you get a little rumble but nothing too loud. I am hoping that the borla is louder than this.

I just realized that you and snow are from MA as am I. I would love to meet up with you guys to hear your cars in person. Snow I will actually be passing through Waltham tonight and would love to meet up quickly if you can. I will be working on my car in Maynard and I take 117 to 95 to go home. Let me know! Thanks again everyone

yeah its np. like snow said, the stock cans kill your sound. i dunno, maybe i was thinking it would sound like perrin cans or something like that when i put on the borla.

i'll be in lexington after work today to hit some golf balls i think, but after that i should be free. waltham is kinda out of the way for me, but i could try to negoiate 128. lol. let me know where/when you guys are meeting up.

Sorry to hijack the thread... but I've been meaning to hit some balls too... Stone Meadow right?

I've got my clubs in the trunk, shoot me PM before 5:00 and maybe I'll head over and hit a bucket with you.

GTStage2... Stone Meadow is maybe 15 min out of your way... take 117 to 126 north, down rt 2 for an exit or two, the driving range is right there.

Thanks Fossil but I most likely will not be leaving the shop till late tonight. I have to rip the moldings off and try to get the first stages of bondo done. I actually live down in bridgewater so Stone is further out of the way than 15 mins!

Thanks for all the posts guys. Mrjk my fear is that it will be too quite as well. I am currently running a cobb dp, perrin mdi/y with stock cans and you get a little rumble but nothing too loud. I am hoping that the borla is louder than this.

I just realized that you and snow are from MA as am I. I would love to meet up with you guys to hear your cars in person. Snow I will actually be passing through Waltham tonight and would love to meet up quickly if you can. I will be working on my car in Maynard and I take 117 to 95 to go home. Let me know! Thanks again everyone

it's quiet inside the car, but from what i've been told, when you get on the gas it sounds beautiful outside the car. i actually havent had a chance to be outside the car while someone does a drive-off, so I dont know the sound.

what time will you be passing through waltham? For what it's worth, I have an exhaust leak at my crossover pipe so the sound is a little off at the moment (little louder/raspier...you can sorta tell something is not right), but still might be able to give you a good idea.

actually, snow...when are you free these days? i'm meeting up with paul in a few weeks, but would like to compare your sound with mine. sorry a little OT.

maybe this weekend? I should be in the area. I've been trying to meet up with paul a well, trying to get some "evidence" that my crossover pipe is blown so it should only take a short trip. maybe i can join in with you.

Sorry to hijack the thread... but I've been meaning to hit some balls too... Stone Meadow right?

I've got my clubs in the trunk, shoot me PM before 5:00 and maybe I'll head over and hit a bucket with you.

GTStage2... Stone Meadow is maybe 15 min out of your way... take 117 to 126 north, down rt 2 for an exit or two, the driving range is right there.

sent you a pm. i'm going around 5 or so.

it's quiet inside the car, but from what i've been told, when you get on the gas it sounds beautiful outside the car. i actually havent had a chance to be outside the car while someone does a drive-off, so I dont know the sound.

what time will you be passing through waltham? For what it's worth, I have an exhaust leak at my crossover pipe so the sound is a little off at the moment (little louder/raspier...you can sorta tell something is not right), but still might be able to give you a good idea.

maybe this weekend? I should be in the area. I've been trying to meet up with paul a well, trying to get some "evidence" that my crossover pipe is blown so it should only take a short trip. maybe i can join in with you.

i'll be seeing paul in june. how does this saturday look for you? i'm pretty much free in teh morning and afternoon (just got plans around lunch time).

let me know

did you guys end up meeting yeesterday? if you are desparate for a listen, then let me know and i can meet up after work today.

fossil: posted a message on the spotted thread...i think i saw you (your car) at stonemeadow.

alex: going to see paul june 5 i think.

No we didn't end up meeting up. Work got crazy toward the end of the day and then I didn't leave the shop till late. I would like a listen possibly one day next week? I will be at the shop and the surrounding area tuesday through friday...let me know

How is the sound at highway speeds (60 - 70 mph)? Is there any droning? I like the sound clips, but I have a long highway drive to work and the droning would really get on my nerves if it is loud inside the cabin.

LIGHT drone, but i cant even tell with music on a normal volume. i ask people in the back seat if it is too loud and everyone says its fine. just noticeable enough in the cabin to sound good. i've never felt it's too much.

Archived