LegacyGT.com

uel headers legacy 2.5i

Alright well this is going way better than I hoped. After I get the email back from ECS about the finer details ill start a new thread b/c the OP works a lot and doesnt get on the net as often as most internet whores would like :lol:

Anyway a brief summary of facts:

ECS wants to do the UEL and have been for a while

The first batch we are looking for 10 serious people but if we get more the better and cheaper it will be so it is to everyone's benefit to get more people...20 would be great ;)

The prototype will cost btwn $800-$1000

ECS will actually ship them out to be manufactured and they wont be a rough looking part it will be coated and mandrel bent and uber legit :)

They WILL NEED A TEST CAR FOR 5 DAYS!!!

The tester car owner does not have to be one of the 10 in the first batch just needs to be a 06+ Legacy 2.5i. If you have a 2.5i and can leave it with ECS for 5 days please me know this was the reason the build fell through last time b/c we didn't have a test car. Your car will only need to used to mock up the header no modifications other than these will done.

So with that said we need 10 people(or how ever many actually commit) to split the fabrication cost to be on the safe side we will use $1000 as the cost price. If it comes out to $800 then the remainder will be split 10 ways and applied to the final cost of the header for each individual, simple enough. Also to keep things worry free ECS has Paypal so you don't have to worry about sending another user money if that doesn't feel comfortable. You can send your deposit directly to ECS.

This isn't a idea anymore this is a invitation to go ahead:) if you are interested note that the prototype and the header that you will receive are two separate costs hence why we have to split the prototype cost and then pay for each copy. I cant give final cost figures until we prototype the first header. However if you are one of the 10 (or how ever many commit) you are part of the first order sent to the manufacturer

Once the new threads surfaces there will be a list created of 10 people those 10 people will send ECS $100 and the test car (one lucky owner in CT or near ECS) will be taken to ECS and the build will start.

If you are confused about this process just PM me if you are a lock be sure to let me know once I get 10 (or how ever many) that's it and I will send the ECS paypal info and you can send your deposit.

If we cap it a 10 and get a lot of interest it will be increased in increments of 5.

Locked in:

Legacyduane

GEE OTTO

cpetrovic01

And I think the following are really interested or a lock for the build:

clark687

jdmhatch08

Pawlwawl

SubaruTim

These are interested Impreza Owners:

smokeyandthebandit05

mastermin

kero

And these owners are interested in being the testers:

Jmhm17

thestratomaster

Looks good so far lets get this 10 and tester and get some headers created:cool:

if you could get a picture from under your car Lagbot that would help alot if your stock manifold has the same sensors as a non PZEV (it shouldt) then fitment will not be an issue I think the PZEVs have an extra sensor or maybe a extra cat or something or maybe they have different fueling programs in the ECU and the same hardware

IF you can get a picture that would help me alot

if you could get a picture from under your car Lagbot that would help alot if your stock manifold has the same sensors as a non PZEV (it shouldt) then fitment will not be an issue I think the PZEVs have an extra sensor or maybe a extra cat or something or maybe they have different fueling programs in the ECU and the same hardware

IF you can get a picture that would help me alot

i took some pics for you of my 09 PZEV posted them in the ecs thread

Archived