LegacyGT.com

Subaru Bucks through mastercard ?

I was just wondering if anyone else has signed up for the subaru mastercard to get the subaru bucks? I couldn't find exact details of how many bucks you earn, it says 3% reward, so is it 3% of total purchase turns to subaru bucks? We use our Discover card for everything to get the cash back, but that is usually only 1-2% now. Plus I'm not sure how the wife would feel about our cashback only being good for car parts! :)

Just curious how fast it builds up..

I've had mine since October. I have already earned one 100 subaru bucks coupon and have another 50 subaru bucks to earn before I get another one. One way to think about is that you get one 100 subaru bucks coupon for every 3,333 dollars you spend. Also I don't think that balance transfers apply. The Discover card doesn't give you back much at all. I also have a Citi Dividend card that gives you 5% at gas stations and supermarkets, and 1% everywhere else. These credit cards are only worthwhile if you pay the balance every month.

100 subaru bucks for every 3,333 dollars spent is not bad at all! i only get 1 point/dollar with my amazon card, and every 2500 points brings me a $25 amazon coupon...

This Space For Rent

whats the interest like on the subaru mastercard?

My interest is around 15%, so it is on the high side, but I pay it every month so that is not a concern to me. Without getting into personal finance too much, if you do keep a balance, the interest that you have to pay can easily exceed any reward you might receive. Just something to think about before getting another credit card.

I have one of these cards too and over the years the Suby bucks have helped pay for my OE bike rack for my WRX, my WRX 30k service and my Legacy down payment. I agree with nu8reed, any balance you keep with these kind of CC reward programs negates the value of the reward.

Something that pissed me off with this card happend recently...

I had spent a good 4g on this card buying stuff that I had cash for but wanted to get the subebucks for... So I charged everything and thought Id get the bucks.. What I didnt know was that if you pay off the balance before the "closing date", those purchased do not count towards your subarubucks. So this card is not really a 3% for everything you buy card, its 3% of your ending balance during the month on new purchases.

Chase called me to offer something and I bitched and complained about this.. they told me tough.. Ill deal with it, it was my mistake but I wont do it again.

They did give me a 10g limit on the card so thats good. Ill be buying a load of stuff on this card once I settle my house fire thing with the insurance company.. Ill earn that 500 subebucks quick.

Just used $500 subiebucks to purchase my GT wagon about 3 weeks ago. They're awesome. And who cares about interest rate, just pay your bill monthly and screw the CC companies. No yearly fee, no interest to pay and I get my subiebucks...they hate people like me.

I've had one for awhile now. The only gripe I have is that you're limited to only $500 per year. I could easily double that with the amount I charge on the card. And the most that you can accumulate is $2000 before the oldest ones start to expire. I'm planning to use $2000 towards a new Subaru. I'm at $1500 now, but I've already maxed out my card for this year.

I have 2 cards (1 in my name, 1 in my wife's) and have earned $1000.00 per year for the last three years. I've already earned $900.00 in SubaruBucks this year.

The key is to not carry a balance, I use my card to purchase everything, from grocery's to gas and then pay it off every Friday. Once one card has earned all it can for the year I move to the next card. As soon as this 2nd card reaches it's $500 max I'll start using my State Farm card that earns 1% cash back.

Never carry a balance, only buy what you can afford to pay cash for and these "rewards" cards can work for you...carry a balance, and the reward isn't worth it.

can i have two or more under my name?

Yes, but you have to wait 90 days between applications or the second card application will be automatically denied (the first one has a limit based on your credit report, the second application will be denied for taking you over that limit with Chase).

If you recently bought a car, there is a special offer of $25 Subaru Bucks for applying and being approved, but I don't remember the offer code. I might have it at work, but I might have tossed it, also.

Tom

FRA-GEE-LAY... It must be Italian!

If you recently bought a car, there is a special offer of $25 Subaru Bucks for applying and being approved, but I don't remember the offer code. I might have it at work, but I might have tossed it, also.

cool! let us know if you find the offer code. :)

This Space For Rent

Archived