LegacyGT.com

Header opinions

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will give them a call tomorrow to see what they can do. Would a 2.25" exhaust work for the EJ20T as far as flow goes. I know I would need a different set of headers.

Rallitek also fab up a set of headers?

Are you talking about mid pipe to axle back? And will the stock exhausts bolt right up? Headers are my only main concern. I heard the mid pipe for the WRX/STI would need to have some length added on. Flanges are dirt cheap so that would be a nice route if that's what you're referring too.

Also would they bolt up to a header flange that would be 2.25"? I thought WRX/STI exhausts were 2.25" no?

I don't know about the sizes, im confused on what you are asking, but if you make the header 2.25" and the mid pipe is the same then it should work. Having the 10" added to the mid pipe should cost no more than $75 with the flanges added. So for probably $150 you could have headers back done.

Yeah that's what im asking. But I am trying to figure out the pipe diameter of the WRX exhaust. Or does that even really matter? As long as the flanges line up right?

So 150 for WRX exhaust with the mid pipe being extended and then whatever the price for headers is would hopefully be about 225-250.

Also do WRX's have cat back exhausts or axle back? The reason I ask is because I need to ask rallitek about it so that the headers bolt up to the WRX exhaust.

you dont want an uber giant exhaust becuase youre going to lose back pressure which is powa!

+1 for pdxtuning..

i vote rallitek first though

What size exhaust do you recommend after the headers? 2.25"? If so the WRX is 2.25".

PDX Tuning doesn't answer their phones nor return voicemails so they have lost my service there unless they want to give ONE HELL of a deal on some headers to be made.

And Rallitek doesn't do them. The idiot on the phone told me that "single port headers are readily available".

Now I look at Rallitek a whole new way. What a moron.

Also told me that the exhaust shop they work with doesn't like to work on people's motors..........What the hell are they doing in business?

Took me calling 3 times to even get a proper answer. Also asked what we found them for online and I said about $350 (for the MS3's) and he said then most shops will charge more then that to make headers.

/End rant

Archived