LegacyGT.com

upgrade map sensor to a 3 or 3.5 bar map sensor?

KurtP

^^ won't fit. TGV's are in the way.

I've done the conversion on a few cars now. $200 is the minimum in parts for feeding the rails.

The ID1000 (or ID2200) are standard size top feed injectors. They'll drop right in to any top feed fuel system. The connector is NOT the same as the OEM one. You either need to cut the OEM one off and crimp on a new one, or pay a bit more for adapters. I don't recommend adapters as they add extra connections and extra connections mean more points of possible failure.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 3 months later...
hate to bump an old thread...my car should be hitting the dyno soon, within the month with a gt35r turbo+water/meth...stock internals on the motor for now...its an 06...shall I be uprading my MAP sensor? I can get an AEM 5bar for like $135 canadian...

Plug and play 4BAR: http://omnipowerusa.com/product.asp?P_ID=163 If you are running E85, race gas, or meth and want to run higher boost, you need a higher reading MAP sensor like that one. We'll see how long the internals last on my friend's STI running 26 PSI all day long.

I suggest getting an upgraded MAP sensor. My 30R made more power with more boost all the way up to the limit of the stock MAP sensor, and maybe beyond but my clutch died when I started experimenting with > 23 psi. I suspect that a 35R will be happy to run at least as much boost, probably more. In fact, since you're running meth, I'm almost sure of it.

It would be a bummer to have to stop the tuning session because you hit the MAP sensor's limit... you'd just want to upgrade the sensor and keep turning it up, so you might as well get that out of the way first.

Plug and play 4BAR: http://omnipowerusa.com/product.asp?P_ID=163 If you are running E85, race gas, or meth and want to run higher boost, you need a higher reading MAP sensor like that one. We'll see how long the internals last on my friend's STI running 26 PSI all day long.

thanks...I just tried to order it but it won't let canadian customers make purchases...i'll talk to my shop, N.V. Auto, maybe they can order it for me before they have it tuned...

• 2 years later...

Bumping an old-ass thread. I read this other one as well. I'm on my stage 3 base tune, maxing out at 18.4 psi according to my logs... and I'm consistently hitting MAP sensor high when I try to log a full 2K-redline run, and once even at partial throttle under normal driving conditions...

So does this mean I should look into the GM 3-bar sensor? I don't know how I can solve this any other way, but I'm also new to this. I've been running a stage 2 tune for the past 3-4 months, OS via ECUFlash/RomRaider. TIA

Tits mcgee

sounds like you have a problem, not a need for aftermarket sensors.

Well... that's what I'm trying to track down. I wouldn't expect to need a sensor at the levels of boost I'm hitting, so what else could it be? A leak would mean loss of pressure somewhere, not MORE at the sensor... so how is the sensor hitting its limit?

EDIT: See... here is my impasse. I have my tuner telling me I have a problem that needs fixing. I have my shop telling me I need a new sensor. I don't possess the knowledge to track this down without help, and everyone I ask is totally willing to tell me I have a problem (which is clearly the reason I'm asking), but no one is willing/able to get me started on where to look.

I don't expect anyone to solve this for me, but I also won't start pulling hoses for fear of completely screwing things up. I don't like asking for help, so I perform more than due diligence in searching this forum & others before going that far.

I have a problem... got it. The CEL and Learning View advised me as such.

Tits mcgee

Maybe you should post the LV and what CEL you're getting. Maybe you should give the car the keyboard too.

Perfect--exactly the type of response I should expect, I suppose... if this is putting you out as much as it sounds, I really would rather not bother you for your input. I posted a general query for some assistance, not a plea for you specifically to lower yourself to address my problem.

The MAP sensor problem doesn't impact how the car runs (aside from IAM taking a hit), which is consistent with what Mike posted above. I'm by no means an idiot, but I do not know where to start on this. I've been straightforward about my shortcomings as it applies to this issue, so if my asking really does bother you, please feel free not to respond.

LV.jpg.706a93c5e6fdde20204b60ce7bc32af1.jpg

Tits mcgee

Then maybe you shouldn't have bumped an old thread that has nothing to do with your problem.

"So does this mean I should look into the GM 3-bar sensor?" No. You need to take your car to competent shop and not the ones you currently use. They can't diagnose a problem.

That's the second time I'm answering your question.

Your LV only shows that you have codes. Not enough information to do anything with. So again, maybe put the car on the computer.

1287955011_HighMap.thumb.jpg.165be4b3983afa8d3fcf58f8bff0219a.jpg

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Your LV only shows that you have codes. Not enough information to do anything with.

Reason enough not to have posted it in the first place, which is why I didn't bother. If you can't see how your particular approach isn't helpful or warranted--as much as you may think it is--I'm sorry. Thanks for your time.

Tits mcgee

Really?

"Hey guys. I have an odd problem. I'm getting P0108 under varied driving conditions but my logs only show a max of 18.4psi. I also have P0244 but I don't know why. Should I post the logs?"

try that next time

I also told you what to do next.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived